A semi-hollow guitar, with humbuckers and crucially, a slim D-shaped neck.

• Thread starter steak&chips
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

steak&chips

Reaction score
As per the thread title, does anyone know of a guitar that would fit that description? C-shapes are too thick for me, and the slim taper D feels just right. Trouble is, I am struggling to find a semi hollow guitar with humbuckers with that slim D shape neck. Any ideas?

Charles Carter

Reaction score
As per the thread title, does anyone know of a guitar that would fit that description? C-shapes are too thick for me, and the slim taper D feels just right. Trouble is, I am struggling to find a semi hollow guitar with humbuckers with that slim D shape neck. Any ideas?
You NEED one of these ...

Epiphone Sheraton II Pro.jpg

... a Sheraton II Pro.
"It's like a out-did 335" John Lee Hooker.

Last edited:

Goldie

Reaction score
Ibanez does the thin taper necks, and does them really well.

Maguchi

Reaction score
I use to have 2 or 3 of the late '80s early '90s Korean Sheratons. If I remember right those had the thin D shape necks. Probly can find 'em around used on the interwebs. They're great guitars.

Last edited:

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
I use to have 2 or 3 of the late '80s early '90s Korean Sheratons. If I remember right those had the thin D shape necks. Probly can find 'em around used on the interwebs. They're great guitars.
I had a ‘99 that had a slim neck. And I had a ‘16 that I thought had about the slimmest neck I have ever owned.

Pat

nethanpaul86

Reaction score
Sounds like you're on the hunt for something pretty specific! A semi-hollow with humbuckers and a slim D-shaped neck can be a bit tricky to find, especially since a lot of manufacturers lean towards the C-shape. You might want to check out some of the higher-end Ibanez Artcore models or the Epiphone ES-339 Pro, as I’ve heard they tend to have slimmer necks that could lean towards the D-shape you're after.

Another one to consider could be the PRS SE Custom Semi-Hollow. PRS guitars generally have pretty comfortable neck profiles, and some of their models feature a slimmer design, though they’re usually not advertised as strict D-shape.

If you haven't already, you could also explore custom builds or lesser-known brands like D'Angelico. They sometimes offer slimmer necks, and their semi-hollow models are pretty solid with humbuckers. I’d recommend trying them out in person if you can, just to get a feel for the neck and make sure it fits your comfort zone.

Latest posts