Alex has a new site

• Thread starter 3bolt79
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

3bolt79

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is 3bolt79. Alex has a brand new site called Geartalk. I am a moderator over there. I just wanted to invite any of you who are interested to check it out.

The focus is on guitars and gear only, and is also aimed at those new to the hobby.

I will be writing articles for the new site. We will be discussing things like choosing your first guitar and how to do a setup on your first guitar without fancy tools, etc.

I think I am a member on most of the sister sites. I spend time here, at Strat Talk, and Gretsch Talk mainly, but will be spending more time at Gear Talk as we try to grow the site.

You all are a bunch of cool people, and I invite you to check it out, especially those of you that are new to guitar playing. There is a newsletter with the site as well.

Thanks,
Scott

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I registered but seeing who I see there, I'll likely rarely post. It'll more than likely just lead to those same people that banned me for no reason at MLP to ban me from there too for no reason.
Well 3bolt79 is the moderator and he's not a guy who seems like the type to quickly ban anyone either. When you're trying to build membership on any site, especially a new one, banning new members never makes any sense unless they step waaaaaay over the line. So there must always be reason for doing it or we shouldn't be doing it.

Darkness

Reaction score
I'd love to join but my wallet says no
giphy.gif

3bolt79

Reaction score
I registered but seeing who I see there, I'll likely rarely post. It'll more than likely just lead to those same people that banned me for no reason at MLP to ban me from there too for no reason.
I don't think that anybody is going to nix you unless you earn it

I'm just there mainly to write articles and review gear, but I would only nix someone for something blatant, you know where the rules say I have to. Right now my focus is on growing the site. Someone like our old pal AJ, I think he would be nixed when he registered.

Last edited:

3bolt79

Reaction score
Were you banned before or after the Lizzo thread? I must admit, I got a suspension from MLP.

3bolt79

Reaction score
LOL my thread was approved and showed up

now it is gone......(without any notice why)

what a waste of time
and not worth to spend any more time at this place
I'd love to have you over there Paruwi. It may have been a mistake. We just got a dump folder there. When I nixed my own duplicate thread, it didn't delete and wound up there. We've only had it a couple of days. I'm so green.

3bolt79

Reaction score
The density of moderators was so high, and most of them doing their job for more than a decade ?

It seems this place likes to talk about best/worst years of LPs, or Braz LPs - or strings.....
and less about gear not made in the US of A
I don't care where the guitars are made, a good guitar is a good guitar. I only have three US made guitars, a 1979 Strat, a Gibson SG, and my Brian May Replica was made in USA actually.

I have mostly Mexican, Chinese, Indonesian, and Japanese made guitars. I love em all. I am not a guitar racist.

I like talking about the nuts and bolts and geek out on gear. Sometimes I enjoy working on guitars more than playing them. I am glad the new forum came along. Strat talk is getting Toxic. My Les Paul is kinda bad too. There seems to be personality clashes happening. Things I don't want to get involved with that don't affect me

Latest posts