An Epiphone LP traditional with white knobs ?

• Thread starter Daniel L
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel L

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a picture of an Epiphone Les Paul Traditional red wine, but with whites knobs. ??? ... White buttons? Ugly as hell !
The man that own this guitar said that this is a Limited edition Epiphone Custom shop.
Which model is this ?

I 've made a research but found nothing about this guitar ... is this a good guitar & what is his range price (used one) ?

$_59.JPG

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by any "Custom Shop" circular stamp on the back of the headstock. Epiphone does not have a custom shop. Those stamps are put on many guitars in the factory. My Les Paul Special I ($149 US) has one.

The white knobs look awful. But a set of cream ones is not expensive.

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
Maybe He was probably fooled by the custom shop logo himself, thinking it was kind of special instrument.
Here in Greece, I see that more often than not....

Daniel L

Reaction score
The man is lying....

Welcome here @ €piTalk
:wave:

It looks like a 'regular' TradPro to me with aftermarket knobs

for the value of it as a used one it always helps to know where you are located

Hi. Canada

Daniel L

Reaction score
Don't be fooled by any "Custom Shop" circular stamp on the back of the headstock. Epiphone does not have a custom shop. Those stamps are put on many guitars in the factory. My Les Paul Special I ($149 US) has one.

The white knobs look awful. But a set of cream ones is not expensive.

Shit, this is a very good advice & information...thank you so much ! ...So the man is a great liar ?

Daniel L

Reaction score
Ok Thank you all ... i still do not know what kind of epiphone is this, but i will not buy this guitar !

John

Reaction score
A liar yes, a great liar not hardly or he would have passed it off as legit. Don't give up on it as of yet just like everybody has stated, its a good looking guitar and the knobs would definitely be replaced.

Raiyn

Reaction score
When I bought my G400 I bought a some cheap Chinese speed knobs off eBay in different colors I thought I'd like. Black, clear, silver.... In my case I liked silver best. I don't think I paid $5 for all three sets either. When I replaced the electronics I knew what color inch-spec knobs I wanted because of those cheapies.
Chinese knobs.jpg
The Chinese speed knobs
knobs-jpg.4998

The MIJ "Wave-Embossed" speed knobs she currently wears.

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
I actually like the knobs, but of course they don't go with the rest of the trim.

Change the knobs to match the rest of trim, or change the rest of the trim to match the knobs. Either would look good. Knobs are cheap and easy to swap.

Latest posts