And Absolute Sleeper- acoustic content

• Thread starter Vincent DiBona
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vincent DiBona

Reaction score
I was looking for a beach/campfire (in other words, a "beater") guitar to spare my vintage acoustics and saw an ad on CL. The seller, a young girl lived 6 blocks away. Turned out to be a 1981 MIJ PR-755s. Covered in dust with 2 year old strings sounded and played decently so I bought it. When I got it home, cleaned and restrung it only then did I have a "holy sh*t" moment.

It sounds more like a Martin than any other characteristic sound and I've played it next to Martins (D28, HD28 and D35) and this Epiphone takes no prisoners. Who says you need to spend thousands for an amazing acoustic?

https://soundcloud.com/vindibona1-1/scarborough-1

IMG_6918.JPG IMG_6923.JPG IMG_6921.JPG

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Nice score Vincent, great looking guitar, & from the SC track, it sounds pretty good as well. Nice bit of playing there.
Congrats on a good find, Enjoy!!

StringmanK

Reaction score
I agree with DPaul, nice playing and a great score! Does this mean you are still looking for a beater? If it were me, I'd probably not want sand and smoke near it, hahah.

old mark

Reaction score
I have played a LOT of acoustics since about 1962, and I have NEVER played a bad sounding Epiphone.

Latest posts