Another Bonamassa Sig

• Thread starter Supersonic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Raiyn

Reaction score
You know what? I kinda like this one too. This seems like a decent value. I don't care for black with gold hardware as a rule, but the fact that JoBo markings only appear on the case make it the most appealing of his sigs so far. I'd stash the original case (because someone will actually want it) and put the axe in an SKB, but that's me.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I could eventually like it, if it hadn't the yellowish binding.....

I think it is expensive, it is offered for € 800 over here, nothing special on it, except Joe Bonermasters name......

take a 'regular' Black Beauty and a case and save at least 150€

Supersonic

Reaction score
nothing special on it, except Joe Bonermasters name.....

Regular BB3 doesn't have ebony fretboard :naughty:

The 2 pickup LP Custom is $679 here now with no case so it's basically the same price after you add a case.

The JoBo has a few extras like Orange drops, Switchcraft, long neck tenon, ect.

The aged binding is definitely not everyone's cup of tea but I think it works on this one.

Oh, and the tuner washers don't go over the binding on the JoBo :D

Norton

Reaction score
$799 with a case? and 3 pickups?

big neck profile too.. supposed to be solid mahogany, no maple cap.

and lets not forget the epiphone tuner recreations.

I might be talking myself into one of these.

Raiyn

Reaction score
The JoBo has a few extras like Orange drops, Switchcraft, long neck tenon, ect.
The electronicals are basically standard fare across the line from what I've seen out of 2020. Also, if they weren't, you know I'd be in there installing what I wanted. Perhaps a Freeway switch to really utilize the three pickups. There are some interesting possibilities in the small mod department.
The aged binding is definitely not everyone's cup of tea but I think it works on this one.
I think that's EXACTLY what's making this work for me.
and lets not forget the epiphone tuner recreations.
Those would live in the case for eventual resale. They don't turn my crank at all and would be swapped out for Hipshot lockers day one. No drilling, no problem.
I might be talking myself into one of these.
As much as I am NOT a JoBo or LP guy, I might be too.

cliffenstein

Reaction score
The yellow binding around the fretboard was a strange choice...his original Gibson is not that way. The two guitars played back to back sounded practically identical. Shows the reality of how good those Probuckers really are. If I ever end up with an Epiphone with Probuckers in them, I can't imagine I'll be changing them out.

If they would make a regular LPC with that neck, I would be all over it.

Last edited:

Norton

Reaction score
I wonder if the binding is that color...or if it could be scraped away to white on the neck?

Mr Hockey

Reaction score
I think that's a nice guitar. Couldn't care less about the binding though.

bluesfordan

Reaction score
big black beauty fan here, played a real one that made me weak in the knees (three double white PAF !!).

I got the two pickup custom a couple months ago because it had the ebony fingerboard. Now this comes along. I applied for the financing this morning ... and got approved. It's still in my shopping cart. I'm going for a walk to clear my head for a while. I need to move something. I literally don't have room for this so I have to think about what I can live without to make this happen.

bluesfordan

Reaction score
"ka-blam"

"In the news today, an apartment building in NH explodes when a tenant tried to put one more guitar into his closet. Angry residents are tarring and feathering him in this exclusive EyeInTheSky helicopter footage at 11"

Antigua

Reaction score
I really like it, I think the faux yellowed lacquer looks good with the gold hardware. I with the block inlays were yellowed too, but as you can see from the video, even on the real 1958 Gibson the blocks are not yellowed, I guess because there's no lacquer on the fret board. This is a kind of relic'ing I can get behind, just faking the color - not taking a screwdriver and sand paper to it. I like that seemingly this model is apparently based on real guitar.

Joe says the pickups are "really hot", I wonder how hot we're talking.

I was non plused two days ago, I was getting into it yesterday, I'm really liking it today, I have a feeling I'm about 48 hours away from placing the order.

Keefoman

Reaction score
I really like the finish on the guitar, and the sound, of course, but then a player like JB can make anything sound good. I have, however, so far in life not become visually comfortable with 3-pickup LPs.

Latest posts