Bad eye news.

• Thread starter Otto99
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Otto99

Reaction score
IMG_4668.jpegAs I mentioned earlier, the fall that knocked the lens replacement from 11 years ago loose was thoroughly examined today, and the doctor said there’s no real good outcome. It might settle down and reattach, it might just float around. My vision is still distorted from the retinal thing, which was to be expected, but the doctor is saying removing the replacement lens will most likely lead to a worse end including a total loss of the eye. So I’m hoping for a reattachment, will keep myself in an upright - erect! 😁- position in bed or in chair, and pray to God, Jehovah, Allah, Vishnu, and any other of the multitude of Gods it will work out. At least tomorrow I’m getting a beard trim, as I haven’t been able to touch it for over four weeks.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
View attachment 26404As I mentioned earlier, the fall that knocked the lens replacement from 11 years ago loose was thoroughly examined today, and the doctor said there’s no real good outcome. It might settle down and reattach, it might just float around. My vision is still distorted from the retinal thing, which was to be expected, but the doctor is saying removing the replacement lens will most likely lead to a worse end including a total loss of the eye. So I’m hoping for a reattachment, will keep myself in an upright - erect! 😁- position in bed or in chair, and pray to God, Jehovah, Allah, Vishnu, and any other of the multitude of Gods it will work out. At least tomorrow I’m getting a beard trim, as I haven’t been able to touch it for over four weeks.
Having begun my career in the eye care field I'm well aware of just how much all of this sucks right now. We'll keep pulling for that kind of positive outcome as well Greg. Please keep us posted.

Otto99

Reaction score
Having begun my career in the eye care field I'm well aware of just how much all of this sucks right now. We'll keep pulling for that kind of positive outcome as well Greg. Please keep us posted.
Thanks, and the pisser of it is - and I realize how shallow this sounds - I was looking for a new car, and now I can’t drive. Yes, there’s more to worry about, but damn it, I’d found the right car at the right price I could upgrade, and now I may never drive again. The bride wants me to drive again, as she doesn’t wish to be my unpaid Uber. 😁

Digger

Reaction score
Oh Crikey Greg,

You are in the wars aren’t you? My thoughts and best wishes continue and hopes are that you will get through this rough patch soon. Thinking about you mate!

Charles Carter

Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear about your ongoing sight issues.
Wishing you the best possible outcome Otto.

Latest posts