Bass guitar

• Thread starter Douglas Potter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My local pawn shop has a new looking acoustic/electric bass for $99.00 out the door.
I don't play bass but would love to try it, if anything just have one around in case a bass player friend of mine stops over, can't remember the name on it but thinking I will pull the trigger on it tomorrow.
What you all think?
Regards
Doug

eS.G.

Reaction score
A 99.00 bass --- acoustic/electric...........if you dont I will damn it!!!!

Name
Brand
pics?

Come on man yer killing me

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
Take it down off the wall and noodle around on it for 30 minutes. If you fall in love or heck, even in like with it, $99 is cheap. Go for it. If it's a train wreck skip it.

eS.G.

Reaction score
What happened did you get it.......where is it????? PICS DAMN IT! ;)

eS.G.

Reaction score
BRand?
Info?
Pics?
Cheese Ball? Rum and coke? drive train adjuster on a 73 buick electra?

Reaction score
It's a Carlo Robelli FB-700KEQ there is one on Ebay for $169.00 new
The Carlo Robelli FB-700BKEQ gives you a quality acoustic-electric bass with incredible tone, amazing playability, and sleek, stylish looks—all at a truly outstanding value!
The Carlo Robelli FB-700BKEQ gives you a quality acoustic-electric bass with incredible tone, amazing playability, and sleek, stylish looks—all at a truly outstanding value! Dressed in a black full gloss finish, the FB-700BKEQ pairs a spruce top with linden back and sides to deliver a warm, full-bodied bass tone with tons of sonic horsepower, especially in the low end. The nato neck is shaped into a cozy "C" profile and features a 32" (812mm) scale length, which makes it very easy to play—even for smaller players! The neck of the FB-700BKEQ carries a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard with a superbly playable 400mm radius and an ivory plastic nut. To maintain comfortable action and playability, the neck comes equipped with a double action truss rod for easy adjustments.

Fitted with built-in electronics, the FB-700BKEQ is ready to plug in and play through any bass amp. To shape your bass tone to perfection, the onboard bass preamp boasts a 3-Band EQ (Bass, Middle and Treble), a Presence control, and Volume control. A rosewood bridge and a set of chrome sealed gear tuning machines round of the FB-700BKEQ. Case not included.

Features:

• Spruce Top and Linden Back/Sides with Full Gloss Black Finish
  • 32"-Scale (812mm) "C"-Shape Nato Neck with 22-Fret Rosewood Fingerboard
  • Onboard Electronics with 3-Band EQ, Presence and Volume
  • Ivory Plastic Nut, Rosewood Bridge and Chrome Sealed Tuners
  • Affordable Acoustic-Electric Bass with Incredible Tone, Playability, Quality and Style

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
Just for those that don't know, Linden == Basswood. (I happen to like Basswood)

eS.G.

Reaction score
I like Bass Ale .....but the wood is o.k. too

eS.G.

Reaction score
for 99.00 (maybe less if you ask nice.....) HEll yeah

old mark

Reaction score
They list new for about $250, and sell new for about $169...so it's no ball of fire, but try it, and see how it feels and sounds. As a first bass, it probably will do and it can be played with no amp, so that is a plus. Bring cash and offer him $80.

Added: The company is in Italy and most of its guitars and made in China and Korea...A lot of people who own them seem to like them a lot and they generally are seen as a good value for the money...buy it.

Mark

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger today got it for $90.00 out the door. And it came with a nice gig bag.
I don't know the first thing about playing a bass guitar but it should be fun to noodle on learn a little and hand out to friends who play the bass when they stop by.
BTW what is the tuning on the bass? G,D,A,E.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I no more than got home with the Bass started to noodle with it, and got a call from my work place telling me they just seen someone riding on my very expensive fat bike, yup sure enough stolen from my garage while I was playing with my Bass, Police are looking for it as we speak, I've got over $500.00 invested in it.
Street justice is a bitch and there were lots of witnesses everyone in the area knows me and my bike
fat2_zpstzuyzm6l.jpg

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
The thing about thievery to me is, if you steal a loaf of bread because you're hungry, I have no real problem with that, but people who steal things like bikes, guitars, cars and so forth. I have no mercy on those fsckers. Clothesline them.

eS.G.

Reaction score
I need some target practice on moving targets............perhaps a trip North this weekend...........

StringmanK

Reaction score
Man that is a sweet bike. I sure hope you get it back! What's the deal with fat bikes anyway? I know nothing about them, 'cept they look kool.

Latest posts