Best herbs on a pizza

• Thread starter Lou-Hela
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lou-Hela

Reaction score
I have to say, I love oregano, but rosemary trumps the lot..
Any other opinions, please Epiphone mates?

Otto99

Reaction score
Proper Italian sausage already has fennel in it. That’s what makes it Italian sausage. Add fennel to any sausage and it will work. For me and mine, we use oregano and lots of basil. Sometimes a sprinkle of rosemary depending on the protein choice, like chicken. And a Canadian bacon, mushroom, and pineapple pizza, colloquially called a Hawaiian, is a great pie, and I will die on this hill.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Proper Italian sausage already has fennel in it. That’s what makes it Italian sausage. Add fennel to any sausage and it will work. For me and mine, we use oregano and lots of basil. Sometimes a sprinkle of rosemary depending on the protein choice, like chicken. And a Canadian bacon, mushroom, and pineapple pizza, colloquially called a Hawaiian, is a great pie, and I will die on this hill.

Greg, we think much alike. My biggest gripe with certain pizzas is they use crappy Italian sausage or no true Italian sausage at all. Top grade sausage and mozzarella are the keys to a great pie and oregano and basil are more typically the main herbal ingredients along with anise flour used in the crust.

A Hawaiian pie is a nice alternative from time to time as well. The sweeter toppings meld well with a tomato sauce base. Being Chicago born and bred that's as far a I stray from a down home cracker crust Chicago style pie cut in squares not pie shaped pieces. I miss my favorite Chicago style joint back in Englewood, Jimanos.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I tend to focus more on the herbs I consume BEFORE I eat the pizza, which coincidentally makes all of the toppings taste better.

Latest posts