Blackened out my Tribute+

• Thread starter Hedon09
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IGRocker

Reaction score
So, the Pickup-Ring replacements, which turned of to be allparts, came today and again I'm pretty underwhelmed. How hard can it be to get Black Pickup-rings that actually fit on my tribute+ with no gaps? Forget about göldo, forget about allparts. The allparts were actually announced to fit Epiphone curvings. They do a tiny bit better than the göldo but still there are ugly gaps and a bow in the neck-pickup-ring when attached firmly. Not even worth to take pictures. Does anyone know a good source for fitting rings?
Maybe you need to sand the bottoms to match the arch of the top? I'm not sure on another source for rings though, but I'm sure someone else know where you can get some

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Well, you do have two sets! Just kidding, don't do anything you're not comfortable with
It might be a real tough trick to get a Perfect fitting ring, even from Epiphone.
Some light sanding is probably the only way you're gonna get what you want.
Notice I did say "Probably"

Spookytooth67

Reaction score
Hedon09,
Very nice change to your guitar. The reflectors are nice! How hard was the pickup ring replacement?
I wanted to do the same with my midnight sapphire. I got rid of the amber speed knobs and replaced them with reflectors. Instant improvement in looks but the pickup ring installment seems like it could be a PITA.

Last edited:

Hedon09

Reaction score
Actually the Pickup rings are not a Perfect fit. They fit well with the existing holes but the curving of the rings doesn't match the top

Spookytooth67

Reaction score
Actually the Pickup rings are not a Perfect fit. They fit well with the existing holes but the curving of the rings doesn't match the top
Thats what I am afraid of having to modify the new rings. I bought two new ones from amazon and only one was the correct thickness first of all. But that was my fault was I guessed what size I needed when I ordered them. Once I order a thicker ring for the bridge pickup, I will give it a try. Was the black poker chip easy to find and purchase?

Latest posts