Changes In My Life~

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Good Call.

multiple small meals spread over the day can also speed up metabolism----NOT snacking on junk---- like six planned small meals rather than one or two big meals... I find it gives me more energy as well.

Digger

Reaction score
Thanks, I need some good luck ATM as Mum died on Wednesday and I was hospitalised again yesterday!

Crippling pains in my stomach bought me to my knees while we were in the funeral parlour yesterday while we were making arrangements for mum's service on Wednesday. Gael rushed me to emergency, I was admitted and had blood tests, x rays, ct scan and a gastroscopy inc drinking a gallon of that muck beforehand

Talking to the surgeon this morning his plan is to let the inflammation settle for a couple of weeks and then to remove my gall bladder.

I have seldom experienced pain like that.

Dont think its my week actually~

Digger

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, it's been a tough time.

I was 85 kilos a month ago and this morning I weighed in at 73.

Digger

Reaction score
Still reducing/changing my diabetes medication and am having no trouble sticking to a fairly strict regime of eating. Still no alcohol after 5 weeks and don't miss it a bit!

Digger

Reaction score
Hit 72 kilos today and can't wait to get into the 60's. Clothes that I haven't worn for ages now fit again, some even getting loose.

I think I've hit a plateau with the weight and that it's gonna be small gains from now on.

Insulin was 68 now 24 units.

Jim McPherson

Reaction score
Hit 72 kilos today and can't wait to get into the 60's. Clothes that I haven't worn for ages now fit again, some even getting loose.

I think I've hit a plateau with the weight and that it's gonna be small gains from now on.

Insulin was 68 now 24 units.

Rob, you want small loses not gains. LOL

It's tough making lifestyle changes. I've made a few and need to make more myself.

Keep it up or is that down.. Good Luck Rob!!

Digger

Reaction score
Rob, you want small loses not gains. LOL

It's tough making lifestyle changes. I've made a few and need to make more myself.

Keep it up or is that down.. Good Luck Rob!!

Crikey Jim, now I'm getting confused!

I had to get up at 3am and check my sugar as I felt low but it was the mongrel vertigo that's been kicking my bum all week. I had some jelly beans and an anti-nausea tablet and went back to bed. Still low when I got up about 6.30 so I dropped the insulin back another couple of units...now 22. Because of the vertigo yesterday I slept almost all day with the inevitable result of no sleep last night, problem with that is that I had lots of time to think!

I might buy a new laptop today....Grin~

StringmanK

Reaction score
I don't know you, but I've been reading your posts for a while. So sorry to hear about you mum. I can relate somewhat to the changes because I had surgery a few weeks back... acute appendicitis. Kicked my butt. Glad to hear you are able to cut back in the insulin. Maybe if you keep up the good work you're doing you can convince your gall bladder to play nice. Best wishes...

Jim McPherson

Reaction score
Crikey Jim, now I'm getting confused!

I had to get up at 3am and check my sugar as I felt low but it was the mongrel vertigo that's been kicking my bum all week. I had some jelly beans and an anti-nausea tablet and went back to bed. Still low when I got up about 6.30 so I dropped the insulin back another couple of units...now 22. Because of the vertigo yesterday I slept almost all day with the inevitable result of no sleep last night, problem with that is that I had lots of time to think!

I might buy a new laptop today....Grin~

Ya Rob, It does get confusing at times. Ups for downs, downs for ups. Maybe that's the problems with us being one up, one down..LOL
Now I'm confused...:dunno:

Take it easy and keep working on your goals.

Digger

Reaction score
I don't know you, but I've been reading your posts for a while. So sorry to hear about you mum. I can relate somewhat to the changes because I had surgery a few weeks back... acute appendicitis. Kicked my butt. Glad to hear you are able to cut back in the insulin. Maybe if you keep up the good work you're doing you can convince your gall bladder to play nice. Best wishes...

Thanks SMK appreciate you dropping in mate! I actually don't know what causes a gall bladder to play up??

It might be problems with stones though they haven't seen any...dunno?

I initially thought I had appendicitis when I started getting this pain but I suppose they will sort it out eventually thanks.

Thanks too to Jim for his (as always) kind thoughts. I suspect us "confused" people have found a place to hide here JIm....Grin~

Digger

Reaction score
Thanks Jim, the pain hasnt been a lot of fun but it is geting better each day.

iv stands and hopital food are a challenge but then I wasnt planning on staying permanently.

Staff are really great human beings.

Digger

Reaction score
Well get better Rob. My thoughts are with you that you are getting better. Stay strong.
Thanks all for you kind concern.

Jim I'm going OK I wouldnt pretend that its been fun.

i may be able to head home tomorrow but a few small things still to happen before they will let me go.

However that rotten pus filled inflamed gal bladder has gone!

Yay!

IGRocker

Reaction score
Thanks all for you kind concern.

Jim I'm going OK I wouldnt pretend that its been fun.

i may be able to head home tomorrow but a few small things still to happen before they will let me go.

However that rotten pus filled inflamed gal bladder has gone!

Yay!
Good to hear!! How long is recovery?

Digger

Reaction score
Recovery is nominally a 6 week period. I can't lift anything over 5 kilos until then.

I came home mid afternoon and have adopted my role as a "Lounge Lizard" tv remote in hand, for the next few days at least.

Life is (now ) good.

Latest posts