Chew The Fat

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Digger

Reaction score
As per other forums here's a place to tell us what is going on in your life, to have a grumble or to say whatever you want provided it follows acceptable forum practice.

I'll start. It's bloody hot again and for the second day in a row I've been cutting up and transporting a tree that snapped off at the base. Too old for this shIt!

Please don't ask me to talk about guitars 'cause I'm a pretender....got 'em but haven't played for ages~

Digger

Reaction score
We had a BBQ with friends here last night and it was a beautiful night out but still very warm. It probably hovered in the high 20's overnight and once again we slept on top of the sheets with the ceiling fan going. Working hard in the heat all day buggered me yesterday!

January gets hotter and February will be worse again. So wishing for a warmer climate might get you more than you bargain for~

Mark

Reaction score
We had a BBQ with friends here last night and it was a beautiful night out but still very warm. It probably hovered in the high 20's overnight and once again we slept on top of the sheets with the ceiling fan going. Working hard in the heat all day buggered me yesterday!

January gets hotter and February will be worse again. So wishing for a warmer climate might get you more than you bargain for~

I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. I feel your pain... ;)

jim adams

Reaction score
the high temp was 60 F in florida today.wind blowing,cloudy.low tomorrow 42.i cant wait for summer and those 90 degree days to get back...havent been to the beach in a month.

Digger

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get out in the boat this week sometime as today is the last gasp of the official Summer holiday period given it's a long weekend for Australia Day.

I don't like it real hot Jim, prefer Autumn.

jim adams

Reaction score
if its only 90 here in the summer thats a good day.im a beach bum and this cold weather is killing me.it stays around 80 most days here until about november,but this winter has been cool and wet.not great for arthritis,which i have a touch of.

Digger

Reaction score
if its only 90 here in the summer thats a good day.im a beach bum and this cold weather is killing me.it stays around 80 most days here until about november,but this winter has been cool and wet.not great for arthritis,which i have a touch of.
Try turmeric capsules for arthritis Jim. Works for me!

fuelish

Reaction score
Foothills o' the Great Smoky Mtns, TN, USA
OK,just a whine here....had 4 nights scheduled off (I work 19:00 to 07:00 as a nurse at the local hospital), was planning on bottling some mead that's been bulk aging in carboys for many many months, a couple over a year....and what happens??? My hot water heater decides to take a dump and floods my garage and basement, so I've spent the $$$ for a new one and a few days of cleaning up the mess....if I play my cards just right, I could bottle couple tonight, the mess is just about cleaned up, but have to wait until Feb 7 to put the crap out curbside for bulk pickup. I mean, I have 15 gallons to bottle, with a couple in buckets in line to transfer to secondary...I NEED some carboys emptied...OR, I could just buy another couple ;) Wife says no, I have enough - 3 x 5 gallon glass carboys, 2 x 6.5 gallon primary buckets, one 3 gallon glass carboy, and four 1 gallon jugs....would be plenty if I was still brewing beer, but mead is in many ways like wine, and takes a long time to be really great. Rant over, time to head down the basement and see if anything is still wet.....damn hot water tanks, if only they'd give off some "warning" of sorts before they just piss the floor!!!

Oh, and Digger...I second the turmeric....great stuff...am a big fan of "supplements", not a fan of big Pharma....funny, coming from a nurse, eh??? ;)

RTH

Reaction score
Oy. Flooded basements are no fun. Ours flooded over the summer and my music area is still dismantled. Still waiting to replace the carpet.

RTH

Reaction score
Thats weird because my basement is the best place for a guitar in my house. Nice and cool in the summer and not cold at all in the winter. The humidity can be a little high in the summer months, but its a lot better than the humidity upstairs since we dont run AC.

Digger

Reaction score
OK,just a whine here....had 4 nights scheduled off (I work 19:00 to 07:00 as a nurse at the local hospital), was planning on bottling some mead that's been bulk aging in carboys for many many months, a couple over a year....and what happens??? My hot water heater decides to take a dump and floods my garage and basement, so I've spent the $$$ for a new one and a few days of cleaning up the mess....if I play my cards just right, I could bottle couple tonight, the mess is just about cleaned up, but have to wait until Feb 7 to put the crap out curbside for bulk pickup. I mean, I have 15 gallons to bottle, with a couple in buckets in line to transfer to secondary...I NEED some carboys emptied...OR, I could just buy another couple ;) Wife says no, I have enough - 3 x 5 gallon glass carboys, 2 x 6.5 gallon primary buckets, one 3 gallon glass carboy, and four 1 gallon jugs....would be plenty if I was still brewing beer, but mead is in many ways like wine, and takes a long time to be really great. Rant over, time to head down the basement and see if anything is still wet.....damn hot water tanks, if only they'd give off some "warning" of sorts before they just piss the floor!!!

Oh, and Digger...I second the turmeric....great stuff...am a big fan of "supplements", not a fan of big Pharma....funny, coming from a nurse, eh??? ;)
When I go to the chemist I need a wheelbarrow but that being said, turmeric has been amazing for me and 3 to 4 cups of green tea a day has meant that I no longer run amok at random times...Grin~

Green tea is great for depression!

Digger

Reaction score
I'm in the third day of a rotten cold and feeling like crap, but I can't complain as I usually only get one a year.

We are taking our dog Bella, to the vet today to be desexed, a necessary thing to do. I'm hating the thought of her being cut like that and am feeling very sad for her ATM

To make ourselves feel better we might just have a nice lunch out while waiting.

There is a big fishing fleet at Lakes Entrance where the vet is so I might just drop my GoPro down under some of the jetties to film what's going on down there and see if there are any decent fish holding under the piers....come back with my boat if their are!

Latest posts