Coil splitting a JB in my Epi lpjr . ..... . ;)

• Thread starter fattboyzz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

fattboyzz

Reaction score
I've got a Seymour Duncan JB humbucker arriving in the next day or so .

My Epi. LP Jr has the stock 700t humbucker that's ok ,but it just doesn't sing like I know the JB will.

I want to coil split the JB just because , hey why not ;)

I'd like to do it right on the first try .

Raiyn

Reaction score
JR.wiring6.jpg

Perhaps a 0.033uf cap, and no you don't need to buy some paper in oil magic tone bean. A good name brand (electronics not guitar parts purveyor) film cap will work just fine and not cost an arm and a leg. The entire point of a coil split is for that brighter single coil tone. I feel a .033uf will get you a decent tonal range without going too dark.

wildeman

Reaction score
View attachment 11406

Perhaps a 0.033uf cap, and no you don't need to buy some paper in oil magic tone bean. A good name brand (electronics not guitar parts purveyor) film cap will work just fine and not cost an arm and a leg. The entire point of a coil split is for that brighter single coil tone. I feel a .033uf will get you a decent tonal range without going too dark.
Yep, that's what it looks like in my Paul.
The JB is a great pickup to split because its so powerful that your single coil is about what a Strat pickup measures out to.

Latest posts