Colour help please.

• Thread starter Marty175
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Marty175

Reaction score
Hello.
I'm trying to figure out what colour my guitar is. I bought this in around 2002-2003, off of a friend I served in the army with. He bought it in the fall of 1996 in New Minas Nova Scotia, Canada. It's a Czech made Les Paul Standard. I can't seem to find any colour charts, or really anything at all about it. I'm holding a white paper next to it to help with colou is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Marty175

Reaction score
I remade the album. Can you see it now?

Also, I've seen that chart, but could not find the colour on it.

BGood

Reaction score
THAT is a nice plaintop ! That's what a Standard LP should look lile. Love it.

Color ? I'd say natural.

Take it outside to get a better color balanced picture. I think it's alittle too reddish (if I refer to the knobs).

Is it more like this ?

32.jpg

Marty175

Reaction score
It actually seems like a little off colour. Kind of half way between pink and blue. There are a couple of colour faults in it that show blue. Here is one of them.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Umm brown?

Nah. Too obvious. Walnut?

LesPaulLeeMaliaCstm_Splash.jpg

Marty175

Reaction score
The picture I took is pretty close to it's colour. I assure you it isn't brown, or walnut

Raiyn

Reaction score
The picture I took is pretty close to it's colour. I assure you it isn't brown, or walnut
That's what it looks like on a couple different devices.
Smooth. Hands glide around nicely, good tone and sustain. I could probably clean it up a bit though.
Excellent. :cheers: A good clean ax is a happy ax.

RTH

Reaction score
Epiphone did some natural mahogany finishes. Not sure if this is that color, but if its a regular natural finish, it's very faded. Probably not the case though, or you would see the original color underneath the areas that are covered. Have you removed the pickups to see what color is in the cavities?

Latest posts