Do you have too many guitars???

• Thread starter Jim McPherson
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Yeah I get what you mean about the strings. I tend to leave them on a couple of gits for playing softer rythm parts. I once read brian may leaves his strings on for over a year and then only replaces them with strings that have been out of their packets for at least a month.

eS.G.

Reaction score
Yes I do....would you like to make an offer on some????? I have tooo many amps as well.....
PM me we can talk :cool::naughty:

Alty

Reaction score
Do you have too many guitars???

Does not compute....do not understand....

Only up to 19 here but need one more as I don't like odd numbers....

gsmacleod

Reaction score
I had to sit and think about how many I have; perhaps that would indicate I have too many.

On the other hand, the my wife doesn't think I have too many (yet) so then I guess I'm still good to go. I think having some tucked away makes it easy for her to forget quite how many guitars are kicking around the house.

Shane

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
I had to sit and think about how many I have; perhaps that would indicate I have too many.

On the other hand, the my wife doesn't think I have too many (yet) so then I guess I'm still good to go. I think having some tucked away makes it easy for her to forget quite how many guitars are kicking around the house.

Shane
Hope she doesn't find the secret compartment at the back of the closet:hmm:

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
I guess I can say I'm up to four now, even though #4 isn't finished yet! :D

I've been thinking about a precision kit lately, oh and a 12 string too! So many choices... :cheers:
I was looking hard at those precision kits not long ago, but never pulled the trigger.
I was on the verge of starting one of their layaway plans, but got sidetracked fixing my old Traynor amp, which thanks to ScottMarlowe's help, is back up & running. Just need a few more little parts to get it in line well.
Everyone I've talked to say the Precision kits are top notch, & well worth the money for the fretwork alone.
A member here has one, JohnnyGoo, the SG in his avatar, pretty nice looking guitar

gsmacleod

Reaction score
Hope she doesn't find the secret compartment at the back of the closet:hmm:

No secret compartment however, I do have a couple of guitars and an amp at work. She may or may not remember those and if I were looking to buy some new stuff, I certainly wouldn't reminder her :)

Shane

BGood

Reaction score
It usually hover between 4 and 6. I now have 5.
4 amps but one has to go, small old crappy SS Crate. I'll probably end up giving it away.

gsmacleod

Reaction score
My wife went in the loft the other day and heard her say....

....whereTF did that drum kit come from....:D:rofl:

We have family friends whose son has a drum kit and has lost his passion for it. He's off to college so I'm just waiting for the right moment to offer to take it off their hands :) My wife, for some reason, doesn't think our 2 and 5 year old need a drum kit around...

Shane

Alty

Reaction score
Didn't she count the guitars first ?

She already knows about them Pete, but luckily most of them are Niamh's so she gets away with more, what I did do once though was put a new guitar in the empty case for my go to guitar, as it sits in a hard case in the house, so she was used to seeing the case but never inside (She has no interest in my interest)....Lol, wasn't long though before I was sussed out....:)

....My wife, for some reason, doesn't think our 2 and 5 year old need a drum kit around...

Shane

Exactly and I thought Mums were supposed to know what the kids NEED....bah!

:)

eS.G.

Reaction score
Every 5 year old needs a drum kit.....a really good full sized Pearl set ......so Dad can practice and show the kids for hour s and hours how they can SIT and WATCH a drummer ROCK THE FOOK OUT ....er oh perhaps that was just me.......

Latest posts