Dot vs 335

• Thread starter LuxyKing
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Difference between both guitars

• Mechanical function

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Differences

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

LuxyKing

Reaction score
Hello, I'm planning to buy an Epi 335 Figured but I've noticed that the prices between a "normal" 335 and a Dot are considerably different, and I wanted to know which are the mechanical difference between them (Merry Christmas)

ou812

Reaction score
Having recently purchased the 335 Figured, I am also curious. While we wait for more, here’s what I think I know. The 335 is part of their “inspired by Gibson” line. Supposedly built to original blueprints. Also, in the ads the description says Grover tuners but the specs say Epiphone deluxe; mine has Epiphone. Two little niggles: the bright white graph Tech NuBone nut clashes with the nice ivory colored binding, and one of the f holes inner edges had no finish - quickly fixed with colored marker.

This isn’t a comparison because I’ve never even touched a Dot. But the 335 is a wonderful guitar! I’ve had it about a month and I just can’t put it down. Not to be a snob, but this is the only non American guitar on my wall. And I haven’t touched the Martin or strat since (except the few days I had it in for a setup!). It’s just really FUN!

PS: I called graphtech asking if the nut was stainable. They said that setting in the sun for a couple of weeks would darken it! Guess I’ll get used to it!

Ugly B McGee

Reaction score
Hello, I'm planning to buy an Epi 335 Figured but I've noticed that the prices between a "normal" 335 and a Dot are considerably different, and I wanted to know which are the mechanical difference between them (Merry Christmas)

Supersonic

Reaction score
Why? What are the differences between the 335, the Sheraton, and the Riviera?

The Sheraton II is basically just a fancy 335. The Riviera has different pickups (except for some in the 80s/90s that had full size humbuckers). That's pretty much it as far as I know.

Latest posts