Dream-come-true NGD: 1938 Epi Deluxe

Charles Carter

Reaction score
That is truly awesome. I'm stoked for you.
What an absolutely beautiful guitar.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous.
Enjoy!

RadioFM74

Reaction score
I'm afraid I did it again and now the '38 Epi has a companion amp for gigs: a mint "Custom '57" Pro that was being sold at an irresistible price near my place. What can I say? The perfect amp for the big band guitarist! Barney Kessel sounds ar big band volume un-mic'd. I gigged it once already and it's terrific. Sounds amazing with Fender guitars too… a beast to lug around in public transports for someone with a bad back like me, hence the little cart. Now I'm done acquiring gear for quite some time…

599jGYnh.jpg

j1p4gOLh.jpg

8Qie2xYh.jpg

Last edited:

Stevo58

Reaction score
That’s a beaut. I just bought a ‘50 Devon, which isn’t quite in the same class but still mighty darn swell. It has a Bartolini floater; I’ll try that for a while before putting a Rhythm Chief on it. I also like it through my DIY tweed Pro.

The old Epi archtops are such beautiful guitars - especially the DeLuxe and Triumph.

steven

TeleRooo

Reaction score
It sure looks like a Beautiful example of the DELUXE model to me....A life time guitar that stays in the family. Congrats!! Just playing a guitar like that recharges your batteries in life. Enjoy......

Latest posts