EHX Hot Wax: Comments and Opinions

• Thread starter Töñə ÇH@$əR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
" Hot Green Crayon " would have been a more fitting name . Alas ..... no clue as to the veracity of said pedal .
its both their "hot tubes" pedal combined with the crayon full range overdrive. independently they both sound great in reviews and to get both pedals in one enclosure for $125 brand new, i dont see how i can lose. itll be here in a few hours, along with a much needed MXR brick

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
It certainly does "classic" rock.
yeah its very vintage sounding, i just wanted a blues driver style pedal that everybody doesnt have. its actually really nice sounding and stacks beautifully with other pedals. i love it in combination w/ the RYRA Klone

Töñə ÇH@$əR

Reaction score
Wow !!!! , leave it to EHX to create a versatile pedal with ultra dynamics .
That pedal sounds so versatile and seems to hit amps in a sweet spots in either clean to distorted amps.
I bet it could make a Rectified amp more dynamic .
Wow .... simply Wow !!!!
i bought it and love it. my blackstar ht 40 has the bland celestion 70/80 in it, (which has a very flat clean channel) but this gives it character. u can use it alone and it sounds great but it really stands out in combination with other pedals. For
$125 you really cant beat it if you want a vintage tweed vibe.

Last edited:

Latest posts