Epi IBG Hummingbird bridge pins...WTF

• Thread starter rodeo747
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rodeo747

Reaction score
I went to my local music store...to get new strings and ebony bridge pins ...they wouldn't fit...so the tech said I can ream out the factory bridge pin holes so the new ebony pins will fit...I said WTF NO....so I'm back home with new elixir nanoweb 12-53's and my oem bridge pins...I love it...I think I made the right decision.. but anyway youall got any advice...

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
I too think you've made the right decision. Don't mess with the bridge pin holes just to accommodate a set of pins. In fact, I think it should be the other way around.

Is there a possibility to gently sand down the ebony bridge pins so that their taper would fit your bridge pin holes?
I've tried that once and it worked rather well - as long as you don't oversand the pins either.

Take it slow!

rodeo747

Reaction score
I have no experience with this...I will look into the pins...etc....thanks

Charles Carter

Reaction score
I
I went to my local music store...to get new strings and ebony bridge pins ...they wouldn't fit...so the tech said I can ream out the factory bridge pin holes so the new ebony pins will fit...I said WTF NO....so I'm back home with new elixir nanoweb 12-53's and my oem bridge pins...I love it...I think I made the right decision.. but anyway youall got any advice...
I had the same issue changing bridge pins to fat ebony ones .
I just used my burnisher with fairly fine sandpaper and took them down to the size of the originals.

Too easy!

Norton

Reaction score
It isn't a big deal to open up bridge pin holes for different bridge pins.
Shouldn't have ANY effect on the instrument's playability or value.

In fact... no one would probably ever know.

Latest posts