Epi Les Paul Trad Pro Ltd Ed goes on sale for $350 tomorrow

• Thread starter ScottMarlowe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wwit

Reaction score
So I contacted MF and apparently their web site is not showing the deal but you can get it by phoning in. It's on the Patch Black Trad Pro only tho. They got my email addy and will email when the site is fixed.

I've bought stuff advertised in there special sales flyer weeks before it was on the website. So I can confirm that its just a matter of calling the 800 number with sales flyer in hand. Many times on a real good blow out price, there sold out before the sale actually starts on the website. Case in Point when they had the Jet City Picovalves for $99 w/free delivery. I bought one the day the flyer came in the mail. The word made into MLP same day and a bunch of peeps bought them up. I sold mine a year later for $200. I wish I had bought more of them when I did. But with my luck someone would have then advertised them for $59.

Kong

Reaction score
So I contacted MF and apparently their web site is not showing the deal but you can get it by phoning in. It's on the Patch Black Trad Pro only tho. They got my email addy and will email when the site is fixed.

I can see the deal on Internet Explorer but not on Chrome. Noticed the same thing with the ES-339 that is on sale for $299.

JT1031

Reaction score
I ended up ordering one of these as a gift for someone. I've been looking for a cheap LP or a sale or something so I had to take advantage of this.

Parasite68

Reaction score
While I can see GC consolidating and closing a fair number of stores, I doubt they'll just go out of business suddenly. At least I sure hope not.
As a proud owner of a Trad Pro AND former Employee of GC. I can tell you that GC is in trouble. They can't keep employees for more than 3 months at a time, and the ones that are there the longest can't even play guitar. The employees have cool rock star costumes they wear including piercings and all with the purple hair, but I've seen one employee hold a guitar upside down while playing it with a quarter in front of a customer. They also get offended when you tell them that you'd like to get a nut for your guitar, bone, if possible. They don't comprehend. The way guitar center pays their employees has got to be skating on the illegal line, and they just sunk a shvt ton of cash in their stores complete with a huge rehearsal studio and a whole section with classrooms for lessons that no one is signing up for.... Everytime I walk in to just buy strings and accesories, I can't recognize a face because turnover is that high. Sad....

Parasite68

Reaction score
GC.

They are in SERIOUS financial straights, as is MF.
From what I've read, they narrowly escaped bankruptcy, changed CEO''s on a whim, and they are forecasted for bad things such as more low level layoffs/store closings coming as soon as this April. Not to mention they brainwash their employees into not paying them fairly. They're under investigation for that as well. I'm a former employee and I had a blast working for them, but I was living off of credit cards to do so. I've remained friends with the few that have stuck around, but their turnover is so bad, there's a new bunch of faces behind the counters every week! I wish them all the best and hope they don't close, but major positive changes need to take place. They're sinking seriously big funds that they dont have to open new stores and restore the old ones with lessons and rehearsal space that no one uses... Good luck!

cybermgk

Reaction score
From what I've read, they narrowly escaped bankruptcy, changed CEO''s on a whim, and they are forecasted for bad things such as more low level layoffs/store closings coming as soon as this April. Not to mention they brainwash their employees into not paying them fairly. They're under investigation for that as well. I'm a former employee and I had a blast working for them, but I was living off of credit cards to do so. I've remained friends with the few that have stuck around, but their turnover is so bad, there's a new bunch of faces behind the counters every week! I wish them all the best and hope they don't close, but major positive changes need to take place. They're sinking seriously big funds that they dont have to open new stores and restore the old ones with lessons and rehearsal space that no one uses... Good luck!
Yea, that's the model they have had. I liken it to keep on adding pontoons to a rapidly sinking boat, instead of fixing the reason for all the leaks. Can't be sustained forever.

IRG

Reaction score
Fender has deeper pockets than Gibson, and less debt I think too, a lot less. And that's the problem with GC, they have been severely overburdened by debt, thanks to previous owner Bain. Load 'em up with debt, and sell them to the next sucker. But after a while, there isn't much of value left. So I don't know if either Fender or Gibson would want to purchase GC, might make things worse. I think GC will go bankrupt soon, they have purportedly only $10 million cash on hand left. Go through Chapter 11, and then see if either Fender or Gibson would make a play. But I'd be surprised.

Latest posts