Epi LP 59

• Thread starter EpicJim
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

EpicJim

Reaction score
Today I got myself one of these from GC with a sale price of $599.00+tax.
It's all good, EXCEPT;

High E string is too close to the edge of the neck and time to time when I play that high E falls off the edge of the neck. Also few times when I play the D chord as I used to play since the last 48 years, high E rolls off the edge and commits suicide. That never happened to me on any of my previous guitars of various brands and models...

Could it be the nut or the bridge alignment or both ???

IMG_1031.jpeg

Last edited:

BGood

Reaction score
Looks like the nut needs to move to the left. Simple thing to do.

Darkness

Reaction score
high E rolls off the edge and commits suicide
I pictured a guitar string saying "oh no a D chord, good bye cruel world"
:rofl:

Yup, looks like the nut is just not centered well. Low E is inland, scoot it a bit. Killer deal.

3bolt79

Reaction score
Should be able to get a new nut under warranty.

3bolt79

Reaction score
The nut itself isn't bad. Its just not centered.
Yeah, I would knock it loose and re glue it, but I don’t know if that’s in the OP’s wheelhouse. A tech can sort it either way. If he was close by I’d do it for free.

spupilup

Reaction score
I'm curious what Guitar Center you got your 1959 Les Paul Standard from. I was advised by a salesperson I had been dealing with and corporate that around the 3rd of October a directive was sent to all stores to remove the price from the these guitars as it had been a mistake. I know that some were still being sold by mistake but that, for the most part, all of the stores I contacted and my salesperson checked with, were not offering the guitar for $599 any longer. If you got a $1K guitar for $599 kudos to you. I wasn't so fortunate. I'll post up my story on the NGD thread I started last week.

Latest posts