Epi LP Deluxe anyone?

• Thread starter Equalphone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Equalphone

Reaction score
Anyone played one of these?

I'm familiar with the Gibson LP Deluxe. I didn't even realize that Ep had made one. But, I saw one pop up for sale. Looks like they were '98 to 2001 out of Korea. I'm guessing they didn't follow original Deluxe specs too closely... probably just mini's added to their standard LP from back then.

Anyone played or owned one? Seems to be little info out there on them.

3bolt79

Reaction score
I haven’t seen one, but I would love to. Especially if cherry burst or gold top.

BGood

Reaction score
What sets the Gibson Deluxe from their Standard ?

A simple Google image search led me to all this:

The Epi has an alder top instead of maple, metallic sparkle finishes, mini humbuckers, tulip tuner buttons.

Deluxe
1701347317143.png

Standard
1701347352814.png

This guy must have a lot to say about them:
https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/epiphone-les-paul-deluxe-family.360422/
1701347649286.png

Then there's that too:

Epison

Reaction score
Likely doesn't have a male cap tho, and thats a big part of the sound of a standard or deluxe. They also made a P90 goldtop which is 1 of my fav guitars on the planet, but no cap so not for me. May as well be a LP special that being the case, and i already have one of those.

Equalphone

Reaction score
Likely doesn't have a male cap tho, and thats a big part of the sound of a standard or deluxe. They also made a P90 goldtop which is 1 of my fav guitars on the planet, but no cap so not for me. May as well be a LP special that being the case, and i already have one of those.

From what I found, Alder cap on "Mahogany". The second term is used loosely with Asian guitars but perhaps out of Korea, it's legit.

I'm guessing there's no 3 piece maple neck either.

Brian Krashpad

Reaction score
I have one in red metallic. I like having a mini-hum option. Mine had a slight neck twist that caused it to fret out at a couple places way up the neck, but I did a very minor truss rod adjustment that sorted that. So, no complaints. Certainly gigworthy in my book.

Epiphone Les Paul Deluxe w 1966 Fender Super Reverb.jpg

Marshall DSL 40C & Delia Epi Les Paul LP Deluxe.jpg

Les Paul Deluxe Shiner Bock.jpg

Camp 7 backline Hardback Cafe HBC reunion.jpg

Camp7ReunionFullEdited2BKonly.jpg

Reaction score
What sets the Gibson Deluxe from their Standard ?

A simple Google image search led me to all this:

The Epi has an alder top instead of maple, metallic sparkle finishes, mini humbuckers, tulip tuner buttons.

Deluxe
View attachment 23527

Standard
View attachment 23528

This guy must have a lot to say about them:
https://www.mylespaul.com/threads/epiphone-les-paul-deluxe-family.360422/
View attachment 23529

Then there's that too:

The big difference that I can see immediately between the Gibson and Epi Deluxes is the pickup ring around the mini humbucker. The Epi has a square mount. The Gibson Deluxe has a ring that copies the P90 mount. You can swap out a mini for a P90 with no modification of the mount. Another thing I noticed about the Epi Deluxe was it’s painted all the way around the body. The Gibson Deluxe is only painted on the body top.

Latest posts