Epiphone '59 Les Paul Aged Lemon Burst - Import from UK to US

• Thread starter Daniel Desmarais
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Arbuilder

Reaction score
The one 8n the case is the day I got it. The other is after I polished it with meguiars scratch x. I like the shiny look over the flat look.

Arbuilder

Reaction score
I don't have the tag that was on it in the store guitar center cut that off.but here is a copy of the receipt. Showing the day I bought it and I am guessing Albn in product line would be aged lemonburst. I got them to give me 10% off because I took the display. Got it for $809

Attachments

• 20220723_194215.jpg
    20220723_194215.jpg
    679.8 KB · Views: 19

NorthTex

Reaction score
Looks right, case looks right. Does it have a metal limited edition badge cover plate on the back of pick up switch? I talked to Guitar Center in Beaumont , and they said they don't sell the Epiphone 1959 at all , let alone the Lemon Burst. But he did say that they could have had used one. Where that came from, who knows? Was yours sold as new? Looks like a good score! The plot thickens.

Arbuilder

Reaction score
Yes it was new. I honestly didn't know this was such a big deal like I said I saw one in Nashville at guitar center 1000 oaks maybe give them a call. I will load more picture of it . If you really want to see it. I work in an oil refinery in port arthur but live in Tennessee. I travel back and forth every four weeks I stop at alot of guitar centers along the way. If I see another I will post pics of them.

NorthTex

Reaction score
No worries, I was just wondering if I wasted my time and money ordering one from England. Thanks for the info. You have a really nice guitar. I hope you like it as much as I like mine.

syco

Reaction score
I don't have the tag that was on it in the store guitar center cut that off.but here is a copy of the receipt. Showing the day I bought it and I am guessing Albn in product line would be aged lemonburst. I got them to give me 10% off because I took the display. Got it for $809
Why does receipt not have Guitar Center on the top . Why list case as separate item when it's included ? Serial # comes up as a 50's Standard Lemon Burst ...... which retails for $ 649 + $159 .99 for epiphone vintage hardshell case = $ 808.99 . You might have got screwed .

Arbuilder

Reaction score
I don't know why I came up as two seperate items . I don't work at guitar center. Here is the back with the medal switch cover.

Attachments

• 20220723_201928.jpg
    20220723_201928.jpg
    769.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20220723_201817.jpg
    20220723_201817.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 17

Arbuilder

Reaction score
Here is some more. I has a 50S standard epiphone but it didn't have the flat finish it was gloss.poly finish.

Attachments

• 20220723_201912.jpg
    20220723_201912.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 5

Arbuilder

Reaction score
Oh and a tell tell sign of the 50s or 59 is pickguard is not beveled on the 59 on the 50s standard it is. Besides the poly finish on the 50s. If you watch the andertons video on YouTube they clearly state that the lemonburst is going to be released in the U.S. but don't tell the retailer. I guess it's guitar center.

syco

Reaction score
Oh and a tell tell sign of the 50s or 59 is pickguard is not beveled on the 59 on the 50s standard it is. Besides the poly finish on the 50s. If you watch the andertons video on YouTube they clearly state that the lemonburst is going to be released in the U.S. but don't tell the retailer. I guess it's guitar center.
And the Epiphone tuners ! i don't care if it's legit or not ....... My concern is why these seem to be everywhere , but Guitar Center ( in my parts ) knows nothing about these being available .

Last edited:

Arbuilder

Reaction score
When I was at the nashville, Tn. Store they had one there but they also had the new cherry lucille model that I was looking at. When I went back to look at the lemonburst les paul it was already sold. The guy there told me then that the lemonburst was exclusive to guitar center. That being said they don't show up on the g.c. website yet. I called g.c. customer service to order one and the sku # the Nashville store gave me didn't match anything they had. So when I found this one the other day I bought it. I had been wanting one for a while just not a fan of cherry, dark, or southern fade and the sweetwater honeyburst stays on backorder.

pontaeri

Reaction score
About being everywhere and nowhere . . . I hear ya on the confusion regarding the lemon burst 59 LP and it's legendary / not mythical / not enigmatic / not dark matter searching / not parallel universe US dealer . . . I'm having the same issue with the Lucille. No epi dealer that's within driving / flying range has one. And they give me different stories. Like only black one is available but the cherry red one is late this year and bone white next year for US release. Or both can be had but out of stock until a year from now (probably true). The best was, "They make a bone white one?" The white one is USA available but based of youtube and retailer youtube videos, only UK / Europe has the white one.

So I asked Epiphone / Gibson and they close out my customer support ticket with "ASK YOUR LOCAL EPIPHONE DEALER FOR PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND STOCK." . Like they didn't read the words, "I've been to X, Y Z, Epi dealers and they don't know / give me different answers, so I'm emailing you officially to get the 411 . . ." Of course it was or Is the 59 aged lemon LP available and which dealer has them?. worded business proper . . . I guess I'll have to ask Sweetwater but bummed out the official email didn't give me the breakdown. the sales guy we have he's ok with saying he doesn't know but will find out later and get back with the answer.

Arbuilder

Reaction score
About being everywhere and nowhere . . . I hear ya on the confusion regarding the lemon burst 59 LP and it's legendary / not mythical / not enigmatic / not dark matter searching / not parallel universe US dealer . . . I'm having the same issue with the Lucille. No epi dealer that's within driving / flying range has one. And they give me different stories. Like only black one is available but the cherry red one is late this year and bone white next year for US release. Or both can be had but out of stock until a year from now (probably true). The best was, "They make a bone white one?" The white one is USA available but based of youtube and retailer youtube videos, only UK / Europe has the white one.

So I asked Epiphone / Gibson and they close out my customer support ticket with "ASK YOUR LOCAL EPIPHONE DEALER FOR PRODUCT AVAILABILITY AND STOCK." . Like they didn't read the words, "I've been to X, Y Z, Epi dealers and they don't know / give me different answers, so I'm emailing you officially to get the 411 . . ." Of course it was or Is the 59 aged lemon LP available and which dealer has them?. worded business proper . . . I guess I'll have to ask Sweetwater but bummed out the official email didn't give me the breakdown. the sales guy we have he's ok with saying he doesn't know but will find out later and get back with the answer.
I got a red lucille already. So they are out there. Ams got them for two days about three weeks ago. Now they don't even show the cherry one. Only the black one out of stock of course.

Attachments

• Resized_20220719_135152.jpeg
    Resized_20220719_135152.jpeg
    551.8 KB · Views: 6

Paulbf70

Reaction score
I can't believe how much trouble you guys have trying to get guitars sent to you, can't you pay for the guitar then get it sent to a friend's address or someone you know (from another country) and then they could ship it to you? Just a thought.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I can't believe how much trouble you guys have trying to get guitars sent to you, can't you pay for the guitar then get it sent to a friend's address or someone you know (from another country) and then they could ship it to you? Just a thought.
Can't speak for others, (and not that I need to buy anything from Andertons) but I for one don't know anyone in the UK. I'd have to pay extra for a mailforwarder.