Epiphone Brent Hinds Flying V vs Gibson Custom V

JeffMcLeod

Reaction score
I've been checking out this one on the GC site. Obviously it looks nice, but I have no idea what the HammerClaws pups are all about. Also, I think the "Signature" stuff is kind of cheesy, but that's probably more of a psychological thing than anything else.

I mean, how do the pups compare to the ProBuckers? I have an Epi Les Paul Custom PRO Silverburst with the Probucker 2 and 3. The Probucker-2 (neck position) is pretty much mud, but the ProBucker-3 (bridge position) will scream quite nicely. Are they merely jacking up the price several hundred bucks because of the Hinds endorsement? lol that's pretty much the whole point of paying for the endorsement.

I do like the 18:1 tuners. That smacks of quality right there.

DaveInSoCal

Reaction score
Well, I can tell you this guitar looks amazing plays amazing as well.
My first Flying V and i find myself adapting to this guitar and holding / playing differently than my other guitars which I find strange and cool at the same time.

This guitar kicks major ass no doubt about it!

Jeffytune

Reaction score
Well Dave, that is all that counts.

If you wouldn't mind posting some sound-clips for us, I for one would like to know just how those pick up really sound.

DaveInSoCal

Reaction score
Well Dave, that is all that counts.

If you wouldn't mind posting some sound-clips for us, I for one would like to know just how those pick up really sound.
Sure no problem! Maybe tomorrow, I have to go to a wedding today!! :mad:

Jeffytune

Reaction score
Well.....if your doing a wedding, just take Tim's advice....

Latest posts