Epiphone Elite and Elitists photos and discussion

Teeceman

Reaction score
IMG_5560a.jpg

Just to join in the the Elite/Elitist Love...
Here is a pic of my Elite 02' Honeyburst, Between this and my 07' I don't know which I luv the best as the both play so sweet and are beautifully built.

GAS took over me after joining MLP and I knew at the very least, that I had to have a couple of Elitist in my stable and one had to be a plain-top, plus they seem to be getting harder to come by especially in the UK.

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
I'll take any excuse to share pics of my Elitists.

Here is my all time favorite guitar; an Elitist LP Studio found on Craigslist

a3e9128b-5e77-4395-9f26-c9c16b0f7534_zps0cc9df25.jpg

Great looking top on that Studio. (And the Plus is really sweet too)!

matiac

Reaction score
Hmm..wouldn't let me put any dialogue in...? Anyway, 18:1 chrome Grover Keystone tuners, 50's wiring, PAF emulations, this one's the $#!+

matiac

Reaction score
Must be my machine because now it's there again...?

bloc

Reaction score
Is this the one from Japan on Ebay? I kept drooling over that. I loved the guy's description that "it has a bruise under the pots." :D

Nope this one's another one. I traded my Tele for it haha

Kong

Reaction score
Here's my other Elite Les Paul, another Craigslist find. She's been a case queen this year because I have no room to play with my toys. Been building a house since May and will have a room just for my guitar stuff when I finally move in. Starting bringing some stuff over there so had the chance to bust her out today and snap some pics. Sorry this batch of pics looks very washed out for some reason...

Curmudgeon

Reaction score
Here's my other Elite Les Paul, another Craigslist find. She's been a case queen this year because I have no room to play with my toys. Been building a house since May and will have a room just for my guitar stuff when I finally move in. Starting bringing some stuff over there so had the chance to bust her out today and snap some pics. Sorry this batch of pics looks very washed out for some reason...

I just love those Elitist Pluses! Just enough flame to look classy, instead of "over the top."

matiac

Reaction score
Be something if Epi could emulate that Dapra/Brock Burst '59 without photo-topping...I'm thinking a lot of "top freaks" would be snappin' em right up...

matiac

Reaction score
Why, Thank you! 2 of my passions in one picture, but Polfus came up from Florida only needing a setup, whoever owned it before I did musta tried the "fretless wonder" thing with it...the action was way too low, but other than that, was nigh-on perfect. I only did what I did because when I tried to pull the amber knobs off, they all came willingly...except one. Pulled the knob...and the guts of the pot as well. Had some Stew-Mac stuff kicking around I was gonna use for a Les Paul kit build, which never progressed past shaping the ebony veneer for the peghead...anyhoo, I rewired everything in the Florida guitar, ala as-close-to-a-'50's config as I could with what I had handy, along with the "open-white" PAF copies, gold reflector knobs and thumb-cutters, Grover 18:1 Keystone Tuners, and what you see is the finished product. I am of the conviction that this guitar, in it's present form, will be the closest I ever get to playing a coveted '59 'Burst...sounds pret-ty damned close to my ears...

Latest posts