Epiphone Elite and Elitists photos and discussion

JT1031

Reaction score
A lot of guitars have come and go but this one's stayed with me since I bought it.

img0304jx.jpg
Just have to say this might be one of the nicest Epi LPs I've ever seen.

Teeceman

Reaction score
I'm not sure how you could go wrong with any of your choices or those suggested.... The FGN's do seem to be almost an Epi Elitist in all but name and would be one of my choices for new.. but that Elitist on ebay does look kickass and probably won't be around long.

Last edited:

jeff00925

Reaction score
These Elitists with the figured tops (flamed & quilted) - Is that the actual carved top or a veneer?

Poetmonk

Reaction score
AFAIK the plain tops are non veneered, the othees are veneer
It's weird, every review I've read of the Elite Plus top said it was not a veneer. An Epiphone rep that read said it was not a veneer, Epiphone's own product description said it's an, "Book-Matched Flame Maple".
So I pulled out the front pickup and took some pics, if it is a veneer then I'm have having trouble seeing. I'm not saying it's not a veneer, and it very well may be, it just sucks that Epiphone and their rep lied in their false advertising.

poIw9C41j

pm5Jhak7j

pl3eziJpj

IGRocker

Reaction score
I'm not sure, though it could be the earlier ones did not have veneer, and they went with veneer later to save some $$ :hmm:

This would be my guess. That or they were just inconsistent? Non-plus top models didn't have veneers, so maybe if they had a good flamey piece they just used it.

Either way, yours definitely doesn't have a veneer!! :thumb:

IGRocker

Reaction score
Oops, I tried quoting two people and left one out :facepalm: but yeah, I wouldn't think yours would either Paruwi

Poetmonk

Reaction score
Plus if they were to use a veneer you'd think that they would be more, "flamey" instead of what I would grade as 1A flame. And it would have less or no mineral streaks, which I love. I don't like real flamey Les Paul's anyway.

ScottMarlowe

Reaction score
Plus if they were to use a veneer you'd think that they would be more, "flamey" instead of what I would grade as 1A flame. And it would have less or no mineral streaks, which I love. I don't like real flamey Les Paul's anyway.
To my eyes your top is way better looking than any AAA flamed maple.

bridge500t

Reaction score
I had an 03 elite plus top that was a veneer. I could tell because the top had the split down the center but inside the pickup cavity the split was off center. As you can see in the picture, the top is two pieces but the cut is off to the left, where as the veneer has the center line.

1Sy8rIzm.jpg
AY2Qnk5m.jpg

JohnS

Reaction score
I had an 03 elite plus top that was a veneer. I could tell because the top had the split down the center but inside the pickup cavity the split was off center. As you can see in the picture, the top is two pieces but the cut is off to the left, where as the veneer has the center line.

1Sy8rIzm.jpg
AY2Qnk5m.jpg
Man, that is some thin veneer. I can't see its thickness in that pic.

Latest posts