Epiphone Les Paul Modern

• Thread starter ping ping
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ping ping

Reaction score
I bought a Les Paul modern with the weight relief and the snappy wiring setup. I bought the instrument instead of a Gibson Les Paul Standard because of the difference in price.
I bought on the recommendation by someone that plays sludge metal, grunge, experimental rock, alternative metal and doom metal .
I trust his judgement Since the time of the purchase of the instrument I have been auditioning different preamp pedals.
I foundt reviews concerning the Boger Uberschall pedal found the pedal new and on sale at 1/2 the new price and though,
"hey they have a no questions asked return policy "
Itried it out in the confines of my studio apartment recording directly into Reason 12 and found the results pleasing. I then added a Pro Co RAT 2 into the input of the Uberschall pedal and I feel in love the guitar Rat Preamp configuration.
Regarding the guitar it is tuned to open "G". stays in tune, and contribute to the desired level of grind beautifully. I am pleased with my purchase.
I want to add the Digitech FREQOUT pedal to this arrangement as it has worked wonders at getting feedback at polite non intrusive levels of wailing feedback printed to tracks needing the addition of sonic seasoning. So far so good. I like manifesting my intentionality.SELF IMAGE BOMB.jpg

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
I bought a Les Paul modern with the weight relief and the snappy wiring setup. I bought the instrument instead of a Gibson Les Paul Standard because of the difference in price.
I bought on the recommendation by someone that plays sludge metal, grunge, experimental rock, alternative metal and doom metal .
I trust his judgement Since the time of the purchase of the instrument I have been auditioning different preamp pedals.
I foundt reviews concerning the Boger Uberschall pedal found the pedal new and on sale at 1/2 the new price and though,
"hey they have a no questions asked return policy "
Itried it out in the confines of my studio apartment recording directly into Reason 12 and found the results pleasing. I then added a Pro Co RAT 2 into the input of the Uberschall pedal and I feel in love the guitar Rat Preamp configuration.
Regarding the guitar it is tuned to open "G". stays in tune, and contribute to the desired level of grind beautifully. I am pleased with my purchase.
I want to add the Digitech FREQOUT pedal to this arrangement as it has worked wonders at getting feedback at polite non intrusive levels of wailing feedback printed to tracks needing the addition of sonic seasoning. So far so good. I like manifesting my intentionality.View attachment 18432
Very cool! What color Modern LP did you get?

Pat

ping ping

Reaction score
Very cool! What color Modern LP did you get?

Pat
Black (with the very fine sparkly stuff in the paint).
I grow so weary of the endlessly numbing sunburst variations paraded out to represent the standard of beauty.
A Bullion Gold or Inca Silver would be a nice option , but it's not , so Basic Black will have to serve as my choice of contribution to the fashion damage parade.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I grow so weary of the endlessly numbing sunburst variations paraded out to represent the standard of beauty.
A Bullion Gold or Inca Silver would be a nice option , but it's not , so Basic Black will have to serve as my choice of contribution to the fashion damage parade.
Nice. I ended up with a Caribbean fade because that one was on sale (not a popular color, demo model etc, but I like blue/ ocean themed paint jobs). The metallic ones and the graphite black one looked soo appealing too - i really dig the contrast between the top and the back

mgenet

Reaction score
The finish formal name is Graphite Black.

I have a 2020 Modern in 'black' as well . I think the black is very sharp looking.

I just call it black too. No need me gettin' high falutin' or anything... :cool:

ping ping

Reaction score
The finish formal name is Graphite Black.

I have a 2020 Modern in 'black' as well . I think the black is very sharp looking.

I just call it black too. No need me gettin' high falutin' or anything... :cool:
Yeah , well your right I was being my typical overly casual self . I like the effect from across the room , it seems the reflective flecks are not seen but the body has an enhanced definition.
A photo of exactly your guitar taken by you would be more interesting.
Although I'm not even sure...
the guitar came off an assembly line, I looked at a photo on line when the guitar was still in the container ship in the middle of the pacific ocean packed into a container filled with Epiphone boxes filled with remarkable similar duplicates of each other. It's not like an instrument was made by Carl Thompson, unique and exceptional in every way.
I own a generic guitar it's as generic as a an asprin in a bottle of 1,000 other aspirin at the CVS in your town
Now my customized mini strat would deserve an image taken with my idiot box because in the world of Squire mini strats it is unique.

000 wild bill and his walther.jpg

ping ping

Reaction score
I'm interested in hearing death metal in open G too!!!
I don't play death metal or Gothenburg or Black , Power ,Speed, Drone, Heavy, Polyunsaturated Metal, Metal for Everyday Johns, NEU Metal for The Elderly

I'm trying to meld Is that a real word , to meld?

Yeah any way to meld what I picked up from Son House along the way with the inspiration that Ted Falconi's playing style and sound inspired in me and turn it into something of my own .
I am sorta' startin' from scratch. Though I like the Melvins a lot. , Boris is Entertaining and then there's alway room for more Flipper! But I like ENYA too, she's like drugs. Sail away ,sail away, sail away.

download (48).jpg

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I own a generic guitar it's as generic as a an asprin in a bottle of 1,000 other aspirin at the CVS in your town
I completely understand where you're coming from, but we are on an Epiphone forum and very much enjoy finding the unique qualities of each piece among the genericness :D even if it's bone stock.

Think of it like going on a Prius dedicated forum (if there was such a thing lol)

ping ping

Reaction score
I don't know about the level of expectations here as I am new here.I guess you want to see a photo of my Epiphone guitar, taken some where in the really world , Is that correct. I'll get out BONNER FIDLERS.jpgbona parts.jpgmy idiot box and take a photo of my Epiphone Modern Les Paul? o.k.
I hope this this will relieve any suspicions or doubts regard my claiming to actually be an owner of a REAL Epiphone instrument. I included the second image of the Les Paul Jr. to further clearify the issue.
No I do not own a Prius, thou in my suicidal heart I would like a Buell S-1 Lightning to ride around on, though I don't own one.
Tell me , please, who's the alpha here at the site, as I need help in knowing who to take seriously and who to politely ignore.

images (2).jpgimages (1).jpg

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0
  • images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 0

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar you got there. I don't know who the alpha is other than that Paruwi is the mod and grimwer is helpfully running a backup of the Epi wiki. Lots of folks here who know quite a bit about Epis and also with a lot of experience modding things and know where to source parts etc... But it's guitars and music - some days you take it seriously, some days you just let it fly by like white noise, some days you listen to it 'just because'..... i can't speak for everyone, but pretty sure most people here just wanna have a bit of fun and show their love for guitars

ping ping

Reaction score
That's a beautiful guitar you got there. I don't know who the alpha is other than that Paruwi is the mod and grimwer is helpfully running a backup of the Epi wiki. Lots of folks here who know quite a bit about Epis and also with a lot of experience modding things and know where to source parts etc... But it's guitars and music - some days you take it seriously, some days you just let it fly by like white noise, some days you listen to it 'just because'..... i can't speak for everyone, but pretty sure most people here just wanna have a bit of fun and show their love for guitars
I am so relieved to learn this: pretty sure most people here just wanna have a bit of fun and show their love for guitars
Yeah I really am, I was alway just terrible playing kiss the glove. I would be compelled to bite the hand in the glove and got in a lot of trouble ,
" NO! ping ping it's kiss the glove not bite the glove , BAD Bad Bad Dog! Bad boy."

This morning per usual I played around and came up with a little study looking for kind of of a Blues thing to fit in the film SEVEN, you know when Brad and Morgan were in the pizza place with stinky man , the deep cover agent, any way I was thing along that kinna' vibe.

and then there's this recent study.
z krazy kat  bomb.jpg

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
I like that first clip. Almost reminds me a bit of something they'd use in say a steampunk movie or game scene where you'd would walk into a bar run by an old school bartender - someone that's not willing to let go of the traditional ways, but more than knows his way around the new world/ the guy where you'd get intel type from - that kinda vibe.

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
There are interesting variations in all of Epiphone guitars. And the most exciting thing for me is that it easy to customize my Epi’s with different knobs, bridges etc…And the best part is that they are great sounding guitars that just feel right to me.

I would like to see some new guitars from Epiphone but I am not complaining. They have a pretty extensive catalogue right now. I’ve got my eyes on an Epi Inspired by 1955 Outfit right now. :naughty:

Pat

Latest posts