Epiphone Les Paul standard cant find anything on this guitar please help!

• Thread starter Frantic
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frantic

Reaction score
Guys thanks for being very cool to me joining the site.. Figured I'd show ya my whole team. It's a weird lineup i know lol but they make me happy ;) enjoy :)

Attachments

• 20190117_211558.jpg
    20190117_211558.jpg
    979.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190109_174116.jpg
    20190109_174116.jpg
    897.2 KB · Views: 16
  • 20181119_185324.jpg
    20181119_185324.jpg
    947.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20181110_105133.jpg
    20181110_105133.jpg
    892.8 KB · Views: 16

Frantic

Reaction score
Weird schmeird, looks like fun to me!

Gotta love a G400 :cheers:
Brother I appreciate it some are better than others but man all of them have a sound of it's own love playing them all. The mustang is totally different now with a new tort pickgaurd and lots of other mods I use it mainly for nirvana sounds..the sg's man those I use for the system of a down, static x type music and apparently the les paul just does it all lol.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Brother I appreciate it some are better than others but man all of them have a sound of it's own love playing them all.
That's all that matters.
I'll cop to not digging bolt-neck Specials not long ago, but some folks can do some wild ish with them so while I still dig the set neck versions a bit more as a preference. I've learned to respect the bolty brethren. Heck, I was once anti-Strat too until one literally fell in my lap and told me to build it.

If it feels "right" in the hands and inspires you in any way it's worthwhile. I don't care if it's a Hello Kitty axe.

Frantic

Reaction score
That's all that matters.
I'll cop to not digging bolt-neck Specials not long ago, but some folks can do some wild ish with them so while I still dig the set neck versions a bit more as a preference. I've learned to respect the bolty brethren. Heck, I was once anti-Strat too until one literally fell in my lap and told me to build it.

If it feels "right" in the hands and inspires you in any way it's worthwhile. I don't care if it's a Hello Kitty axe.

That hello kitty guitar tho lol....brother I like bolt on or set necks right down the middle way I see it with a bolt on I accidentally break the neck its usually a few bolts and its replaced just so easy to do...the beautiful people I just heard on the kitty guitar was magic ;)

Juke Box

Reaction score
I like the blue burst. I think Epi and Gibson have been pleasantly surprised that buyers like the new blue colors.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I see it with a bolt on I accidentally break the neck its usually a few bolts and its replaced just so easy to do..
Yup, from an engineering standpoint it makes perfect sense. Also, when you consider that Mr. Fender never intended his necks to be refretted once they "wore out" the easily replaceable neck makes all sorts of sense.

It's just a vestigial prejudice. I like my Gibby style axes glued, because way back in my brain somewhere it's "right" for them, just as I would look at a glued Fender and wonder what the ****** were they thinking? There's a bunch of traditional guitar design that could be questioned and debated (and has been ad nauseam) but we like what we like.

Personally, I like taking used / inexpensive axes and building them into something I feel it wants to be based on a spark of inspiration.

Last edited:

Frantic

Reaction score
Yup, from an engineering standpoint it makes perfect sense. Also, when you consider that Mr. Fender never intended his necks to be refretted once the "wore out" the easily replaceable neck makes all sorts of sense.

It's just a vestigial prejudice. I like my Gibby style axes glued, because way back in my brain somewhere it's "right" for them, just as I would look at a glued Fender and wonder what the ****** were they thinking? There's a bunch of traditional guitar design that could be questioned and debated (and has been ad nauseam) but we like what we like.

Personally, I like taking used / inexpensive axes and building them into something I feel it wants to be based on a spark of inspiration.
Always man I love taking a guitar and making it into something special!

IGRocker

Reaction score
Bought this guitar Friday and I cant find anything other than year and where it was made from what research I've done Epiphone never made a blue sunburst any info from you guys would helpView attachment 8822 View attachment 8823 elp!

It’s a standard run color. I obsessed over them when I was younger, and even ordered one. However it arrived with a pickup DOA and I grabbed my Custom Pro off the wall and bought it instead.

IGRocker

Reaction score
Many (all?) of the Gibson LPs are "weight relieved," i.e. they have chambered bodies under that cap. A few Epi LPs do - off the top of my head, I think it's the Prophecy and the Slash Rosso Corsa. (EDIT: Ultra, not Prophecy. See below)

There’s at least one non-weight relieved maple cap/mahogany body regular Les Paul in the line up. The Tradition has been non-weight relieved I believe the entire time it’s been in the line up, and moving to the Historic line, it’s rare to see a weight relieved model

Latest posts