Epiphone Limited Edition 2014 Tak Matsumoto DC Custom at Musicians Friend

• Thread starter El Cid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
By the time I get my bonus check (like April) they'll be gone and someone will be listing them on ebay for $1000. Too bad we don't have a forum member in Japan who could do a small side business buying the "Japan Only" ones and shipping them...

Some of the regulars at MLP from the 'Other Single Cut' section
are very familar with importing guitars from Japan...

Last edited:

fuelish

Reaction score
Foothills o' the Great Smoky Mtns, TN, USA
I wish they would sell the blue one here. It really is a cool shape and I'd buy the blue one in a heartbeat.
N_110113D1_700.jpg

Love it!!! Not usually a fan of blue guitars, but.....I'd rock it :cool:

fumblefinger

Reaction score
Some of the regulars at MLP from the 'Other Single Cut' section
are very familar with importing guitars from Japan...
Oh I know there are those who do this, and you're right it's not cheap. I just need to find one of my friendly corporate pilots who makes a semi-regular run to Tokyo...

El Cid

Reaction score
So, I have been patiently waiting for these to come in for my preorder. Right now the site says they will ship 2/22 but I talked to a rep on the phone and they said it could be closer to April. I guess a little more patience.

IGRocker

Reaction score
An ebony board?? Sweet!! I sure wish I had one on my custom. Oiling my board helped, but it's still not an ebony board :dunno:

MidnightLes

Reaction score
That is a sweet looking guitar. Wow. It's just growing on me. Hmmmm...I can cancel the Lee Malia LP preorder and just go this route.or maybe, forget both and just get an electric cello!!!! :hmm:

El Cid

Reaction score
That is a sweet looking guitar. Wow. It's just growing on me. Hmmmm...I can cancel the Lee Malia LP preorder and just go this route.or maybe, forget both and just get an electric cello!!!! :hmm:
That's a difficult choice but I personally would keep the preorder for the Malia. Beautiful Epi

cybermgk

Reaction score
So, I have been patiently waiting for these to come in for my preorder. Right now the site says they will ship 2/22 but I talked to a rep on the phone and they said it could be closer to April. I guess a little more patience.
That's actually good news. Can't really swing the price tag right now. But in a month? Assuming that is, they still take pre orders all that time, etc. etc.

MarkB

Reaction score
Interesting that acc to the interweb both the Gibson and Epiphone versions have Gibson Burstbuckers, the Epi is all Mahogany whereas the Gibson has a Maple top and the Epi has an Ebony board and the Gibson richlite... Tbh if I was going to splash the cash I think I'd be tempted by the Epi over the Gibson on the spec sheet!

Latest posts