Epiphone Telecaster Too Ex$pen$ive!!

• Thread starter Steven Westberg
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Steven Westberg

Reaction score
Epiphone Telecaster, I wanted one of these after I saw them. But, they are in the $400.00 to $900 range. I can think of a half a dozen really good guitars in that range, of all ages. I was going to build one but each kit had some kind of crappy thing in the parts, and they were a little expensive. So for about $45 more bucks I decided on a Harley Benton copy. I already have a Fender Modern Player, in black.
So, in honor of the guy who hates black guitars I got a natural wood finish. I asked the German guy if this guitar was any good. He said, “ ist güt “ and “you vill like dis guitar.” Ok. “So, very well, mit second day air shipping ist $225” All the way to California from Germany? “Jah.” Ok. Send it.
JahVol”View attachment 13648

Passing time in lock down...”I GOT BLISTERS ON ME FINGERS!!” Gimme something different to finger and stare at!
Does anyone have a Harley Benton guitar? I read that it could be perfect as is or it could need some fret smoothing and setup. Wilkinson pick ups? Same bridge as my electric slide so that’s good. Plastic nut I think. But I can put in a TUSQ nut. $12.
I’ll know more soon it is here on Monday.
It turned out good! Great neck great body, shitty strings and a high bridge. Lowered the bridge, strings still feel “grabby” on my finger tips. I take colbalt please! :-)

Jonathan Hands

Reaction score
I like that!
It has a very smooth and clean look.
I always wanted a Telecaster but for some reason never bought one.

I’ve been shopping for one online now the last several months. Seems like there’s almost too many choices.

I played a half dozen at my music store mostly Squires and Classic vibes and they were ok but not really what I’m looking for.

I didn’t realize Epiphone made a Telecaster. I’ll need to check that out.

I like many of the Fender models. I thought the Fender Parallel Universe Tele was interesting but with humbucker pups it didn’t really seem like a telecaster.

I’ll keep looking for now but your Tele is nice.
What the hell is an Epiphone Telecaster? My understanding is that the LP Special is really the equivalent to the Fender or Squier Tele. Having both guitars, I think they are really similar though the necks are not. Nor are the scale lengths.

Keefoman

Reaction score
So every major guitarbrand have at some point tried to make guitars to try to dig in to the other brand's market. This is probably a guitar model from the late '80s or early '90s when Strats and Superstrats were the hottest. Why wouldn't Epiphone try to grab a share of that market? In fact, Gibson also had a Superstrat model in the late '80s. As well as Fender had 335-like models at one point, or models with two humbuckers - 3 way switch and 4 pots. No big deal.

Latest posts