Epipohne Korina

• Thread starter Singhen
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Singhen

Reaction score
I just discovered the Epiphone made Les Paul and SG of the magnificent korina. I've seen the Explorer and Flying V but LP and SG was news to me. They must have been made in a very small numbers though because even on the net they are. Searching ebay only Explorer and V comes up. Does anybode have any experience from them. Costly or? And the finish, what kind? I live in Sweden so I don't know if we got over here even.

Last edited:

Darkness

Reaction score
I went looking and initially got excited to find one. A Les Paul in great shape for the shocking price of $395 plus $30 shipping. Before my credit card could be whipped out I noticed it had been sold ten years ago and was just an old posting :facepalm:

Singhen

Reaction score
I went looking and initially got excited to find one. A Les Paul in great shape for the shocking price of $395 plus $30 shipping. Before my credit card could be whipped out I noticed it had been sold ten years ago and was just an old posting :facepalm:
It seems they are quite hard to come by. Since Epiphome get better and better let's hope they'll make them again.

Charles Carter

Reaction score
This one (EDIT ...my bad this is a Koa!) has been for sale on Facebook Marketplace here for some weeks now.
I was tempted myself ...

$1200.00 NZ = $725.00 US / E623.00 Euros

Hit the Facebook link below.

Epi LP Korina.jpg

Last edited:

Singhen

Reaction score
This one (EDIT ...my bad this is a Koa!) has been for sale on Facebook Marketplace here for some weeks now.
I was tempted myself ...

$1200.00 NZ = $725.00 US / E623.00 Euros

Hit the Facebook link below.

View attachment 22939
It's very nice indeed but I'm after the korina. Had I been wealthy I would buy this one. Beautiful.

creepshow

Reaction score
Here are a couple of Epiphone Korinas I've found over the last 5 years or so. The top one is an Epiphone Korina Les Paul Junior '57 Reissue, and the bottom one is an Epi Korina Les Paul Special. Apparently, these are pretty hard to find. The guys at Long & McQuade, where I got both of them (I live in Canada), said that Epiphone only made about 90 of the Korina Special, and I contacted Epiphone who confirmed it. I've read that both of these were special limited runs made specifically for Long & McQuade back in 2011. They are both really nice, although I need to file down the nut slots of the Junior, as the action is too high. Each one cost $249 CA (about $185 US) and the Junior came with a hardshell case. I was really lucky to find these, I never see them for sale anywhere. They're not traditional Les Pauls, but still cool to have (I love Les Paul Jrs!). They are both set neck with Grover tuners. The Special has soapbar P90s and the Junior has a P100.

tempImageKoNyGi.pngtempImageeVoJqx.png

GenghisBomb

Reaction score
I have always wanted one, particularly an SG, but as I have learned more about guitar construction, the GAS has died off a lot, as I am fairly certain it's just the standard Chinese Epiphone "mahogany"-adajcent wood with a Korina veneer.

I would love to try a Reverend. Most of their guitars are solid Korina.

Latest posts