ES 335 Pro hardware

• Thread starter Scott W
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott W

Reaction score
Hello. This is my first post. I bought my 335 pro about two years ago, and truly love it. My issue is that the chrome is coming off the pickup covers and stop piece. Cosmetic, I know, but it bothers me. Anyone have suggestions for drop in upgrades for stop piece and bridge? I don't want to go crazy with price, but I would like something made with better quality metal and chrome. Thanks for any input.

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
I changed my Les Paul Standard over to TonePros for both bridge and Tailpiece. Couldn't be happier. The quality is obvious, not just from appearance, but from the feel of the units. My Epiphone originals looked cheap, and felt flimsy in comparison. The bridge is wider, so less of a need to flip over the saddles to have all of the strings intonate properly, and the bridge and tailpiece also lock down, so they don't fall off any more.

I will not say that there was a world of difference in tone. The tone was improved, but not so much in volume, or frequency, but in clarity and definition. Its like the difference between a camera lens being roughly in focus, and perfectly in focus.

Scott W

Reaction score
Thanks. I think a tone pros shop will be my Xmas present to myself.

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
I think you can get a better deal at any local guitar store, or on-line. I bought my set on eBay, and the equivalent set up here in Canada was $CAN50-70 more, locally, overall. The vendor stores I find to be overpriced in most cases. I think in the US, because you don't have to bring stuff over the border, and pay less for shipping, they will be considerably cheaper on-line, or from a local vendor.

Latest posts