Favorite guitar or guitar-related purchase in 2021

• Thread starter Davis Sharp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
Shamelessly copying from another forum :)

What's your favorite guitar or guitar-related purchase in 2021, Epi or non-Epi? Could be a guitar, an amp, a pedal, a digital audio workstation, a pick; but it must be just one item*.

Mine is the Hagstrom Alvar (April), which beat out the Epi ES-339 and the Uptown Kat because (1) neither of the Epis was in stock at GC and (2) the last Alvar, the floor model, was marked way down into the Uptown Kat range.

wL3jHJbl.jpg

* hear that @Fullmoon 1971 :)

Raiyn

Reaction score
What's your favorite guitar or guitar-related purchase in 2021, Epi or non-Epi? Could be a guitar, an amp, a pedal, a digital audio workstation, a pick; but it must be just one item*.
I suppose the easy answer would be that new Squire Jag I built:

That would be incorrect actually. While I do love it, my favorite, hands down are the Green Pony pedals I built earlier this year.
Green Ponies.jpg
Green Pony 3.jpg

It's a clone of a Maxon OD-820 which was Maxon's reaction to the Klon Centaur. It's what happens when a Tubescreamer and a Klon hook up after a party. Just a fantastic pedal, I haven't found a bad tone in it.

I liked it so much I built a second one to give to my buddy for Christmas.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Picked up another one of the original 1000 piece run PRS SE Bernie Marsden which is even nicer than the one I already have. After I got it I decided if Joe Walsh can have a signature PRS McCarty then why couldn't bernie.
51558452990_27f4bb7588_o.jpg

Mods included =
Headstock veneer with Bernie's signature
Gotoh machineheads
Ebony & MOP McCarty TRC
PRS McCarty Pickups (from a 1999 Core McCarty)
PRS "Core" Wraparound bridge
Modified McCarty wiring
PRS Lampshade knobs.

She a killer, certainly matches my 2001 McCarty in looks sounds and feel

Last edited:

3bolt79

Reaction score
Well, the favorite is a 1979 Stratocaster hard tail that my son and I have sold back and forth to each other when we were hurting for cash. It has been back and forth between us 4 times.

I sold it back to him about a year ago. He is going to be serving his country over seas for t\he next 3-4 years and he doesn’t want to take it with him, so I offered to buy it back from him.

Well, he said don’t worry about the money, and he gave it to me.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
My favorite purchases were some Bill Edwards finger locks for my Floyd Rose term guitars, four Wilkinson Roller bridges for my Epi's and Gibbi's, a back up RP-12, a Decibel Eleven Loop Expander to use MIDI to add pedals in my live rig, a Decibel Eleven Hot Stone Deluxe to power my D 11 Loop Expander and the pedals hooked up to it, a 8 rack spaced rack, a Monster Power Power distributer surge protector and a huge bulk 25 sets strings of 10-46 guaged strings.

Caddy

Reaction score
Since I really only bought one major piece of gear during 2021 it would be my Martin OOO Jr. Not expensive but a really nice guitar. Very comfortable size, solid wood and plays and sounds great.

On the other hand, during 2021 I decided to thin out the herd and gave away 8 electrics, 2 acoustics, a bass, a fiddle and 2 amps. Mainly to a couple of my sons, one of my younger grandsons who is in college and an electric and amp to the 25 year old son of one of my wife’s friends who wanted to learn to play and had lost his father the year before.

Latest posts