Fender and Squier 2021 Pre orders

Raiyn

Reaction score
I phoned over to Sweetwater and called dibs on one of these:
Jag Front.jpg Jag Front 2.jpg One of the first things I though of putting that B5 / Vibramate combo I have on there with a TonePros roller bridge.
Jag Back.jpg Sculpted neck heel. Roasted maple neck.
Jag Headstock.jpg I'm ditching the string tree for a black TUSQ unit so it disappears.
Jag Headstock back.jpg
Even though I love Fender split tuners, I'm putting a set of Hipshot Directofit™ lockers on it because of the wiggle stick.

Specs (My notes)
BODY
  • Body Material
    Poplar
  • Body Shape
    Jaguar®
  • Body Finish
    Gloss Polyurethane
NECK
  • Neck Material
    Roasted Maple !!!
  • Neck Finish
    Satin! Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
  • Neck Shape
    "C" Shape
  • Scale Length
    24" (610 mm)
  • Fingerboard Material
    Indian Laurel
  • Fingerboard Radius
    12" (305 mm) They finally accounted for the bridge!
  • Number of Frets
  • Fret Size
    Jumbo
  • Nut Material
    Graphite !
  • Nut Width
    1.650" (42 mm)
  • Position Inlays
    Pearloid Dot
  • Truss Rod
    Head Adjust
ELECTRONICS
  • Bridge Pickup
    Squier® SQR™ Atomic™ Humbucking
  • Neck Pickup
    Squier® SQR™ Atomic™ Humbucking
  • Controls
    Master Volume, Master Tone
  • Switching
    3-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge, Position 2. Bridge and Neck, Position 3. Neck. Hopefully not a box switch, but at this price point it probably is.
    They didn't mention the coil split or the series / parallel switches on the upper bout.
  • Configuration
    HH

HARDWARE
  • Bridge
    6-Saddle Adjustable Bridge
  • Hardware Finish
    Chrome
  • Tuning Machines
    Die-Cast Sealed
  • Pickguard
    3-Ply Black
  • Control Knobs
    Knurled Dome
  • Switch Tip
    Black
  • Neck Plate
    4-Bolt Squier® Asymmetrical

MISCELLANEOUS
  • Strings
    Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges) I'm having mine setup for Balanced tension 10s

It also comes in Shoreline Gold, which while it's a pretty color, I decided against because the first thought that came to mind name-wise was Government Cheese.
Gvmnt Chz.jpg

Not bad for >$500

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
@Raiyn Hope you enjoy the Jag.

Let me know if you want to sell the tuners.
Sell? Hell, just for you, if you pay actual cost for the shipping you can have them.

As far as I'm concerned, I still owe you for the blue Cliplock I have on Killer Frost, so consider them yours. Just remind me when I do the NGD thread.

Edit: If you just need a set of Fender style dual peg tuners I have a set of non-split style ones off my Doheny that could go to a good home a lot quicker than I'm getting the Jag. PM me if you need those now.

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
I'm putting a set of Hipshot Directofit™ lockers on it because of the wiggle stick.
Apparently, I'm not actually. Turns out that the company that all but invented standardized modularity in the guitar world uses a different pin to post measurement for it's Asian made guitars. A smaller measurement that G&L also uses for its Tribute series.
Before anyone asks, yes I compared the take off G&L's to the "Fender" spec Hipshots and they're obviously different .

So now I'm humbly reduced to asking for a exchange from my vendor for the same open gear staggered lockers I have on my other axes. It's either that, or I sell them off on eBay or Reverb.

Never let it be said I don't own my mistakes.

Raiyn

Reaction score
All righty then, Reverb's return process is less efficient than eBay. I'm not exactly impressed. Having said that, once I got an address (!) from the seller I was able to ship the wrong ones back.

I ordered the correct tuners from the same vendor on eBay.

I'm your upgrade man, stop me as I'm passing by...
IMG_20161103_181920.jpg
Got dat new stuff baby
20210121_165345.jpg
Got some old stuff too
Screenshot_20210127-150850_Reverb.jpg
Got more stuff coming, some here today...
Got dem upgrades baby guaranteed to satisfy.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Are all those things going to torture you until the guitar arrives?
Oh heck yeah. I kinda like it though.
Ra603c1f7779c716e451d5f1bb6f72bb3

On the other hand, I'll have everything I need in stock rather than have to wait on something.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Given today's good news, (and how I'm paying for this) I've decided that this guitar shall be known as the Vaccination Special (or Hello Nurse!) and I've selected an appropriate decal for the case.
Vaccination Special.jpg

I know some won't get the reference so here ya go.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Given today's good news, (and how I'm paying for this) I've decided that this guitar shall be known as the Vaccination Special (or Hello Nurse!) and I've selected an appropriate decal for the case.
View attachment 14198

I know some won't get the reference so here ya go.

The previous decal's vibe wasn't sitting right with me, so I'm recasting.
Screenshot_2021-04-29-14-36-59.jpg
This was done by the late Al Rio, and purchased from the Redbubble account benefiting the family.

I just dig her vibe more than the other one.

Speaking of vibrations and tones:

hype-intensifies-gif-2.gif

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Following…

BTW Thanks for hipping me to the replacement parts for Bigsby’s.

I like my two Bigsby mounted guitars, but I am curious as to what you are doing here.

Would you care to share why the three different replacement pieces for the Bigsby?

Thanks for the post, the guitar looks great. Mmmm, roasted maple :drool:

Pat

Raiyn

Reaction score
Following…

BTW Thanks for hipping me to the replacement parts for Bigsby’s.

I like my two Bigsby mounted guitars, but I am curious as to what you are doing here.

Would you care to share why the three different replacement pieces for the Bigsby?

Thanks for the post, the guitar looks great. Mmmm, roasted maple :drool:

Pat
Three? Are you referring to the Vibramate plate as a replacement part? It's purpose is so I can mount the B5 without permanently drilling into that finish. It also idiot proofs the installation which is important to me when dealing with carbohydrate foam.

The Callaham string shaft is a drilled unit that replaces a homebrew version of the same idea - this is nicely machined and the current one is a bit rough. Instead of screwing around with those blasted pins on a regular Bigsby this makes it a string thru operation.

The front roller, that's a mini flex on my part. I'm sure it'll be marginally smoother than the traditional bushing, but it's really an upgrade for upgrades sake. I happened to notice the guy on Reverb and it was significantly less expensive than the comparable Callaham unit - so I figured I'd try out the small timer.

I've also got a Reverend "soft" spring in the box that I'll try in this application.

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Three? Are you referring to the Vibramate plate as a replacement part? It's purpose is so I can mount the B5 without permanently drilling into that finish. It also idiot proofs the installation which is important to me when dealing with carbohydrate foam.

The Callaham string shaft is a drilled unit that replaces a homebrew version of the same idea - this is nicely machined and the current one is a bit rough. Instead of screwing around with those blasted pins on a regular Bigsby this makes it a string thru operation.

The front roller, that's a mini flex on my part. I'm sure it'll be marginally smoother than the traditional bushing, but it's really an upgrade for upgrades sake. I happened to notice the guy on Reverb and it was significantly less expensive than the comparable Callaham unit - so I figured I'd try out the small timer.

I've also got a Reverend "soft" spring in the box that I'll try in this application.

I need to ask you a Bigsby question, if I may…

My Bigsby is acting up all of the sudden. It makes a clicking sound when depressed.

So I started putting my hands on components trying to find out where it was coming from.

I would put my hand on the bridge and the sound lessened but then the neck pickup would start to creak and still clicking.

I held down both of those and used the Bigsby and the bridge pu did the same thing.

The Bigsby seems fine, I thought it could be the spring. So I changed the spring out with three different springs I had on hand, no luck.

Any ideas?

Somebody get me a Doctor!!! :dude:

Pat

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
I need to ask you a Bigsby question, if I may…

My Bigsby is acting up all of the sudden. It makes a clicking sound when depressed.

So I started putting my hands on components trying to find out where it was coming from.

I would put my hand on the bridge and the sound lessened but then the neck pickup would start to creak and still clicking.

I held down both of those and used the Bigsby and the bridge pu did the same thing.

The Bigsby seems fine, I thought it could be the spring. So I changed the spring out with three different springs I had on hand, no luck.

Any ideas?

Somebody get me a Doctor!!! :dude:

Pat
First thing, I'm going to suggest starting a new topic, there may be some one that has experienced this exact same issue and might suggest something I missed below. I'll probably copypasta my stuff below over, but at least in a new thread it'll be searchable for the next guy.

You do realize this is like asking a mechanic to diagnose a car over the phone right? :cheers:

I'm at a loss at to why your pickups would "creak". They're not in the loop mechanically speaking, so descriptively that's not super helpful.

How low are you going? It ain't a Floyd Rose and you shouldn't be dive bombing it. It's more for a subtle "shimmer" type of effect.
It could be the spring sliding in the pocket, slop in the bridge / post relationship, a wiggling saddle caused by drag (one reason to use a roller bridge) any number of things that a reasonable guy could think of, but I couldn't be specific without getting my hands on it and asking you to replicate the situation where the symptoms appear.
Unhelpful, I know, but honest.

Back to topic: I'm going to give the stock pickups some time after I do the predetermined day one mods before I make any decisions on their fate. That said, if I don't love them, I've got an idea up my sleeve for something awesome (and remarkably color coordinated).

Latest posts