FGN (FujiGen) Guitars Japan

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I've sinned again...
triggered by a post on SquierTalk about CoolZ guitars I hit the button
For those who don't know, CoolZ and History are the house brands of the japanese Shimamura store,
both made at the FujiGen factory in Japan.
CoolZ is the 'entry level' line, comparable to the FGN Boundary series
History is the 'top-level' line, compareable to the FGN NeoClassic series

The CoolZ 'Strat' arrived safely at my door. First view and impressions are top. It is crazy how you can get a FujiGen made Strat for the price of a Chinese or Indonesian Squier...
(or an Epi with a bolt-on neck)

T4BQsvD.jpg

kwp48E1.jpg

SJGw0MS.jpg

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
That's what I like about the epiphone Quindoe facility..it's American owned and operated and American luthiers at the facility so I know my Epiphones were handled by Americans and Asian luthiers..never bought into the Japanese made thing..not one American hand even touched them at the epiphone Quindoe facility they do
First of all the city in which the Epiphone plant is based is called Qingdao. For all of your professed expertise about their product line you seem to insist on spelling it incorrectly even after be corrected.

Second is the fact that the Japanese are Asians as well so separating them from the Chinese who are also Asian makes no sense. Japanese models are thought of quite highly and command a higher price.

As for the rest lets agree that both the Japanese and Chinese are quite capable of making high quality stringed instruments having been at it far longer than we have. Your touched by " American hands" comment was unnecessary. We don't all share in your opinion of American quality.

Now that I've been able to read many of your posts and your rude and arrogant responses to other members I see you've broken about every rule in our term of service there is to break so all that's left is to decide what to do about that and you. While you may be entitled to your own opinions your aren't entitled to express them in any way you choose.

My suggestion is that you take a break and deal with whatever it is that causes you to be so defensive, arrogant, and rude in your posts. I'd advise you to take that suggestion or have it taken for you. It's your choice of course but you've all but worn out your welcome here.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
First off so I type O and second my wife's brother is a luthier the 16 years so good try smart ass and go learn something before you run your mouth
I get to run my mouth when guys like you come in here and start kicking over our forum with the crap you've been smearing all over the place. That's what a moderator is supposed to do with members like you.

My response to you is the one and only warning you're getting and you chose not to heed it. What part of your arrogant shit isn't welcome here did you not understand? The rest of what I have to say will be in a PM. No sense in keeping this going in a thread by another member.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
They are nice but a bit pricey at 569030 yen, or €3.646,76 or $4.019,57

if the label was Gibson, it would be cheap.......and mass produced

that's what you get from Gibson in this price-range:

imnotcreative

Reaction score
if the label was Gibson, it would be cheap.......and mass produced

that's what you get from Gibson in this price-range:

I know, but thus far i've seen most FGN go for a price between €1000/€2000. Compared to the regular prices it's quite an increase. To me it had a bit of the Epi Greeny effect when it comes to prices, Though this is probably more to customshop levels in build quality.
No matter how you look at it, €3650 is quite a chunk of money in either way.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
for those who need more than just 6 strings.... :naughty:

Latest posts