First time Epi owner, killer AAA monster top incoming!

• Thread starter nicolasrivera
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info, it will get a close inspection upon arrival and the propper photos will be taken, i'm no expert on Epiphones at all but this one spoked to me like the Historics i have bought before and i pretty much trust my gut on this things.

RTH

Reaction score
Still not sure about the volute, though. I just looked at Sweetwater because they show photos of the actual product in stock and I didnt see a volute on them.

IRG

Reaction score
Looks like a Standard Plus Top Pro to me. I can't really see the volute clearly in the photo, maybe it's a shadow that you're all seeing? Tuner system is an add on, sure, nice upgrade maybe. Looks killer to me, I don't think it's a fake at all.

nicolasrivera

Reaction score
Still not sure about the volute, though. I just looked at Sweetwater because they show photos of the actual product in stock and I didnt see a volute on them.

What other things can i look up on this particular model to tell if its a counterfit? ive seen the post on this but it only shows a custom model. So far from the lisitng photos only the volute seems out of place. Electronics?

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
What other things can i look up on this particular model to tell if its a counterfit? ive seen the post on this but it only shows a custom model. So far from the lisitng photos only the volute seems out of place. Electronics?

The font of the serial#
the serial#
the routing of the cavity
the wiring job
the pickups (backside)
the hardware....

IRG

Reaction score
Here's a pic of the back of any Epi Classic T, looks a lot like the OP's here.

14061510291-serial-large.jpg

Reactions: RTH

Latest posts