Gibson ES-335

• Thread starter Twomartinman
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Noodling Guitars

Reaction score
Love that waterfall effect on the grain. Did you get it Plek'd again or do you mean Plek'd out of the box? My 2020 50's goldtop came Plek'd from the factory. While it plays great, I'm wondering if the machine took a bit too much off the frets. It's fine now, but it doesn't feel like there'd be too much room to work with the frets down the line.

Twomartinman

Reaction score
Love that waterfall effect on the grain. Did you get it Plek'd again or do you mean Plek'd out of the box? My 2020 50's goldtop came Plek'd from the factory. While it plays great, I'm wondering if the machine took a bit too much off the frets. It's fine now, but it doesn't feel like there'd be too much room to work with the frets down the line.
It is as it is out of the box, Plek'd at the factory. I did lower the bridge just a little because I like a very low action. But it required nothing else. Couldn't be happier.

Last edited:

Bradley D. Lyons

Reaction score
I bought one in 2020. My first electric was one like yours, back in the early '70s. Since then, I have searched for one in a particular color with a figured top, like one I saw someone playing on television. two years ago I found it and pounced. You are 100% correct on how great feeling they are to play, truly unbelievable. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

ES-335 in case small.JPG

Twomartinman

Reaction score
I bought one in 2020. My first electric was one like yours, back in the early '70s. Since then, I have searched for one in a particular color with a figured top, like one I saw someone playing on television. two years ago I found it and pounced. You are 100% correct on how great feeling they are to play, truly unbelievable. I hope you love yours as much as I love mine.

View attachment 17548
That is beautiful. Love the figure in the top. It really is amazing how the guitar feels to play. My Gibson SGs feel amazing as well. Gibson gets the neck and playability just right. Noticeably different from other makers.

28 Flathead

Reaction score
Beautifull!

I had a 68' when I was a kid. out of nostalgia I thought I'd buy another.

I checked them out and they are NO where near what my old one was.

I asked the rep about it and he said I'd have to go to the Custom Shop ($$$$) to get something like my old one.

I ended up getting a couple of Dot's instead, not a Gibson, but very nice guitars and I only have $525.00 invested for both of them.20220510_063955.jpg

Enjoy your guitar.

Keefoman

Reaction score
Bought mine new in 2013. Memphis made. One of very few guitars I didn't get second hand. The guitar is great in every way.

36032931480_c8670ef791_b.jpg

Latest posts