Guitar Accessories/Mods That Drive You Nuts

• Thread starter David Wiese
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

David Wiese

Reaction score
Need to vent a little today, so I thought I'd try this as a topic.

What annoys you when you see it hooked onto, bolted onto, clipped onto, or screwed onto a guitar?

JohnnyGoo

Reaction score
Good question.hummmmm.well off hand it would be when people put Bigsbys on there guitars and put wood plugs or screws or stickers or custom made patches in the tailpiece holes.id either leave the hole or i used a Towner Bar .i know the Towner Bar meant for the B3 mostly but at least it looks like it belongs.just my opinion,no offence to anyone.

David Wiese

Reaction score
I use the clip-ons, but not while I'm playing, ie take them off when not tuning. On stage I use tuner pedals. I remember my old music professor saying "...nothing should be clamped on to a headstock".

A big one for me is the B-Bender. I hate those things.

Alex_SG

Reaction score
My pet hate on guitars is stickers. I bought an old (1988) Aria bass a while back, and immediately had to spend the next 3 hours removing what I originally thought were stickers, but were actually pictures cut from magazines and GLUED to the body! Sacrilege!
I think anyone who does that should be smacked around the head with a baseball bat! Or a bass guitar - It would have the same effect!!!

RTH

Reaction score
My pet hate on guitars is stickers. I bought an old (1988) Aria bass a while back, and immediately had to spend the next 3 hours removing what I originally thought were stickers, but were actually pictures cut from magazines and GLUED to the body! Sacrilege!
I think anyone who does that should be smacked around the head with a baseball bat! Or a bass guitar - It would have the same effect!!!
I totally agree. I like stickers, just not on a guitar. I'm not even really a fan of graphics on a guitar usually.

David Wiese

Reaction score
Remember those leather "straplock" things? Yeah. I hate them too.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Well, not hooked, bolted, or clipped, but uncut strings flopping around the peghead really annoy the pi$$ outa me, & I guess stickers too, though I do have a couple waterslides on my old strat.

Alex_SG

Reaction score
This is what the bass I bought looked like when I got it home:
B70B8BAA-47AE-4C20-8F2A-D5289AFD3E7C_zps0649b11f.jpg

This was after 3 hours of scraping, peeling, scrubbing and wearing my nails out:

54ED0F75-A64F-4D9E-9B72-18B6943E9C3D.jpg

David Wiese

Reaction score
Anything more than 5 knobs on a Les Paul (or any Gibson-esque guitar for that matter).

RTH

Reaction score
Not really an accessory or mod, but I cant stand it when people refuse to do simple maintenance on their axe. I've been in bands where the guitarist would deal with a binding nut, sharp saddles and old strings, then take 30 minutes to tune the guitar and another 5 minutes between every song. Insanity, I tell you!

David Wiese

Reaction score
Not really an accessory or mod, but I cant stand it when people refuse to do simple maintenance on their axe. I've been in bands where the guitarist would deal with a binding nut, sharp saddles and old strings, then take 30 minutes to tune the guitar and another 5 minutes between every song. Insanity, I tell you!

Sounds like a drummer thing...

Latest posts