Hello From Sioux Falls

• Thread starter NoBucks
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

NoBucks

Reaction score
Hello, I discovered EpiphoneTalk a couple days after I registered at the MLP BBS. So, I edited down my intro post from there.

I'm a bass player, with too many basses, according to my wife. I played by ear in high school back in the 1980's, sold my bass figuring I could always buy another for cheap, and finally got around to that in 2011. Now I have five basses (recently downsized from six) and I can sight read music and usually have a bass in my hands at any given moment playing along with the radio/TV/Netflix/etc., or with a loosely organized band of friends for the occasional wedding or open-mic night.

I currently have five Epiphone guitars, but I'll post pics in the appropriate threads on here.

I look forward to learning more here.

Joel F.

Last edited:

NoBucks

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!

Here's my collection, minus the mandolin.

IMG_3747.jpg

From Left to Right, Ibanez acoustic bass, Hadean ukulele bass, Peavey Grind 5-string bass, Squier Fretless Vintage Jazz Bass, Saga 5-string Jazz bass, Squier Affinity Telecaster, Squier Strat, Epiphone Special II, Epiphone SG Jr. Ltd. Ed., Epiphone Special I P90, Epiphone Special II (white), Dean Performer Plus acoustic, and in the front, Epiphone Special II (black)

Joel F.

Last edited:

NoBucks

Reaction score
Here are the Epiphones all by themselves:
epi01.jpg

Again, from left to right. They all have Dunlop StrapLoks.
Epiphone LP Special II (Vintage Burst), tuned to D
Epiphone LP Special I (Ebony) - GFS Locking Tuners, Wilkinson Bridge, TUSQ-XL Nut, Custom Fret Markers, Anarchist Graphics
Epiphone SG Jr. Limited Ed. (Worn Black)
Epiphone LP Special I P-90 (Worn Black) - GFS Locking Tuners, TUSQ-XL Nut, Punisher Graphics
Epiphone LP Special II (MIRC) (Alpine White) - 500k pots, TUSQ-XL Nut, Grover Tuners

Last edited:

NoBucks

Reaction score
Up until recently I also had a cherry sunburst Epiphone Basher for a brief time, fixed it up, and sold it to a friend for cost.

I can't seem to resist buying used Epi Specials wherever I find them. I like how they sound and feel, they look good, and they're fun to modify.

basher01.jpg
basher02.jpg

Last edited:

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
Nice collection, I have the same SGjr, great guitar. Light as heck, with a thin fast neck.
full

Welcome to the fun house!!

Latest posts