Help : Epiphone Les Paul 2000 Specs

Jonat

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Looking for some help to identify the specs of this 2000 Les Paul (S/N U00050151). Made in Korea? I need confirmation but if I remember well it might be a Les Paul Custom Limited Edition. Not certain of the color (Mahogany / orange). Modification : I changed the pickups for Gibson Classic 57 & 57+. Anyone have seen this guitar before and could confirm the specs? Any idea of the actual market value? Thanks

E9190ABB-3E83-46AA-9980-82B930EA26B9.jpeg
99C5B0C3-4D89-490A-831E-23C56CC8C565.jpeg
E01C1AB4-928E-4BE8-91F9-141D21E037AA.jpeg
536EE629-5F62-4084-907E-ECC43D627CF3.jpeg

Supersonic

Reaction score
Definitely an LP Custom and most certainly made in Korea as displayed in the #, TRC, and 'fine Korean craftsmanship' of the the tuning key alignment.

The color is cool and very 70's looking. Looks like mahogany to me too. Or at least mahogany veneer.

As @soulman969 said, @Paruwi will know more about it I'm sure. He's the resident expert on all things Epi.

Last edited:

Jonat

Reaction score
Guitar looks legit MiK to me
though I can't remember Epi ever made 'em in this 'color'
might have been sanded down or a worn out 'wine red' :hmm:
could be a special run for a selected dealer, too
Many thanks @Paruwi
Impossible to find pictures of the same LP online. I bought this guitar back in 2000 in Montreal. As you said might be a special run for the dealer. Any idea of the actual market value?

Jonat

Reaction score
Did you take out the pickups to see if there's any color in there ? It looks like a refinish to me.

No I haven’t. I am the original owner so it isn’t a refinish that I have done. Thanks.

Supersonic

Reaction score
Many thanks @Paruwi
I bought this guitar back in 2000 in Montreal. As you said might be a special run for the dealer.

Ahh so it's Canadian eh? Long & McQuade has a lot of exclusive Epi's. I would guess it's probably a special run.

Jonat

Reaction score
Ahh so it's Canadian eh? Long & McQuade has a lot of exclusive Epi's. I would guess it's probably a special run.
Yes Canadian but not from Long & McQuade. Bought this one at Steve’s Music.

BGood

Reaction score
They were still on St-Antoine (Craig street) ? Then I'm with the special LP Custom run for that store. Only someone that worked there 20 years ago and would miraculously remember that special order, could help you.

Jonat

Reaction score
They were still on St-Antoine (Craig street) ? Then I'm with the special LP Custom run for that store. Only someone that worked there 20 years ago and would miraculously remember that special order, could help you.
Yes exactly on St-Antoine. Thanks for your input!

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
They have moved since, I think 2018 or 2018, as the city is redeveloping the area. I will talk to a friend of mine (a luthier) who worked there at one time in the guitar repair shop. I don't know what time frame, though, so he may have been there a longer time ago than the 20 years.

BGood

Reaction score
They have moved since, I think 2018 or 2018, as the city is redeveloping the area. I will talk to a friend of mine (a luthier) who worked there at one time in the guitar repair shop. I don't know what time frame, though, so he may have been there a longer time ago than the 20 years.
There's a store on the South Shore too now.

Jonat

Reaction score
Sounds good. Let me know if you hear back from your friend! Thanks!

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
I will be seeing him tomorrow, and I will ask.

This is the first I have heard of Steve's having two stores. They were a fixture on St. Antoine for years and years. There was also the famous Simon's camera/photo store on the next block over. I guess they have had to move as well, unless they closed. I thin they are expanding the Convention Center, and pused a lot of businesses out.

BGood

Reaction score
I will be seeing him tomorrow, and I will ask.

This is the first I have heard of Steve's having two stores. They were a fixture on St. Antoine for years and years. There was also the famous Simon's camera/photo store on the next block over. I guess they have had to move as well, unless they closed. I thin they are expanding the Convention Center, and pused a lot of businesses out.
It was still called Craig Street when Simon's and the numerous pawn shops were there. I bought my first bass, an Aria in one of those pawn shops in ... maybe 1967 or so. Something like this one. Great bass !

Aria 1968.jpg

Kostas Kritsilas

Reaction score
Talked to my friend who worked at Steve's Music. He worked there for a fairly long time, and left in 1996. He doesn't remember Steve's having special runs having been bought during his time there.

He did say that Steve's did buy NAMM guitars over the years. Maybe this Les Paul is one of those, or maybe the policy on special run guitars changed after he left.

He knew Steve Kerman (maybe the incorrect spelling of the last name); the person the store was named after, and that he was a really good guy, taking good care of his employees. He also said that there was an agreement between Steve and Jim Long (the Long of Long & McQuade) that Long & McQuade wouldn't set up shop in Montreal while Steve was alive. I guess Long & McQuade figured that it wasn't worth the effort to set up shop in Montreal after Steve died, and the francization laws were in effect. He also said that Michael Kerman (son) runs the Montreal store, and his daughter, Heidi, runs the South Shore store.

BGood

Reaction score
Talked to my friend who worked at Steve's Music. He worked there for a fairly long time, and left in 1996. He doesn't remember Steve's having special runs having been bought during his time there.

He did say that Steve's did buy NAMM guitars over the years. Maybe this Les Paul is one of those, or maybe the policy on special run guitars changed after he left.

He knew Steve Kerman (maybe the incorrect spelling of the last name); the person the store was named after, and that he was a really good guy, taking good care of his employees. He also said that there was an agreement between Steve and Jim Long (the Long of Long & McQuade) that Long & McQuade wouldn't set up shop in Montreal while Steve was alive. I guess Long & McQuade figured that it wasn't worth the effort to set up shop in Montreal after Steve died, and the francization laws were in effect. He also said that Michael Kerman (son) runs the Montreal store, and his daughter, Heidi, runs the South Shore store.
Good info on that, thanks. I vaguely remember Steve the man.

Latest posts