HNGD!

• Thread starter RTH
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RTH

Reaction score
Not this time apparently, they are listed as 'Epiphone Ultra-Light (9-47)' which could mean anything and 9's on an Acoustic!?! :)

Yeah, thats a little too light. I went up to 10's which are still really light, but I'm afraid to go to to high of a gauge because the guitar is supposedly made for light gauge strings. It plays well with the 10's.

pomaranc

Reaction score
I've never heard of Epiphones coming with D'Adarrios. They always come with Epiphone branded strings and sometimes Gibson strings on certain models. Remember, D'Adarrios have color coded ball ends. Think about how many new Epiphones you have seen with color coded ball ends. None of the new Epis I've bought over the past four years have come with D'Adarrios.
Their website says so but I guess that doesn't mean much :D

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
I've never heard of Epiphones coming with D'Adarrios. They always come with Epiphone branded strings and sometimes Gibson strings on certain models. Remember, D'Adarrios have color coded ball ends. Think about how many new Epiphones you have seen with color coded ball ends. None of the new Epis I've bought over the past four years have come with D'Adarrios.

IIRC Gibson stopped to produce their own strings some time ago,
and I think I've heard they are now fitted with D'Addario strings, even they have no colored ballends...:hmm:

RTH

Reaction score
IIRC Gibson stopped to produce their own strings some time ago,
and I think I've heard they are now fitted with D'Addario strings, even they have no colored ballends...:hmm:

It must have been within the last year or so because Epiphones have famously been fitted with Epiphone strings for many years. I use D'Addario almost exclusively (unless I find a good sale) and none of the guitars I've bought had been fitted with them. I can tell the difference. D'Adarrios age and wear differently than the Epiphone strings. They get really stiff and dont stay in tune. I can make a set of D'Adarrios last a year and a half if I really want to.

Paruwi

Kraut-Rocker
Reaction score
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/339808-gibson-strings.html

This might set some light on it....

boyscout;7060068 said:
Could be. Could also be Ernie Ball. Maybe someone who knows will tell us.

boyscout-albums-boyscout-photos-picture73955-gibsonstringspkg.jpg

boyscout-albums-boyscout-photos-picture73956-ernieballstringpkg.jpg

boyscout-albums-boyscout-photos-picture73957-ghsstringspkg.jpg
[ /QUOTE]

DanL;7060159 said:
From my limited experience in a factory, the EB set was not sealed/cut by the same packing machine as the other 2. Look at the serrated edge on Gibson/GHS vs EB.

Inside Guy;7060298 said:
You nailed it...you win a Cigar!

wildeman

Reaction score
Yeah, thats a little too light. I went up to 10's which are still really light, but I'm afraid to go to to high of a gauge because the guitar is supposedly made for light gauge strings. It plays well with the 10's.
Light guage acoustic strings are 12 to 54 so if you wanna experiment a little more you should be safe. I think you may find the tone gets better with a bit heavier strings, especially if you strum with a pick. For fingerpickin lighter is fine. Martin silk and steels sound awesome for fingerpickin, 11 to 47 but they wear out kinda fast.

Latest posts