How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Sunday was nice. Sunny with a high of 88° and low humidity. It's nearing 4:00 am and we're at an overnight low of 56° but headed back into the 90°s later today. Should be warm this week with no rain in sight.

Very warm for September in fact. We had snow as early as Sept. 15th before whereas this year we'll see temps in the high 80°s and low 90°s.

Blimey! The swings in temp there are huge Paul, your overnight low is our high for today. Most people were pinning their hopes on an Indian Summer after a rubbish Summer here, but it looks like we're carrying on with the crappy weather :frown:

Wet & windy this morning with a few sunny intervals forecast for this afternoon, Top temp of 14C/57F. I think I can put my shorts away for next year. :D

WCGC3cwl.png

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Blimey! The swings in temp there are huge Paul, your overnight low is our high for today. Most people were pinning their hopes on an Indian Summer after a rubbish Summer here, but it looks like we're carrying on with the crappy weather :frown:

Wet & windy this morning with a few sunny intervals forecast for this afternoon, Top temp of 14C/57F. I think I can put my shorts away for next year. :D

WCGC3cwl.png

It's rare when we don't see 30° swings between daytime highs and overnight lows and not only in the summer. It's like that pretty much all year round. It's why we always advise visitors to dress in layers.

The morning could start out in the 40°s and by mid afternoon it's in the high 70°s or low 80°s. At this altitude the sun's heat is pretty powerful. Even today where yesterday the high was predicted to be in the low 90°s it's only gonna make it to 87° due to some cloud cover.

By tonight we'll eventually be back in the 50°s again and that cycle repeats itself year 'round.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It feels like a real Autumn day today, Grey skies & heavy showers throughout the day, Top temp of a paltry 11C, My bell peppers & chillies aren't going to ripen in the greenhouse with these temps & low light levels. What a rubbish growing season it's been this year.

UYoLiRql.png

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Just to reconfirm our 30° swings in temps we're at our overnight low of 55° right now but looking for a high of 84° later today with cloud cover much of the day and 50% chance of rain. Kind of a typical summer day.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Looks like lots of rain around, The ground is sodden from the deluge we got yesterday & overnight.
It looks like another day of it again, judging by the forecast & the stormy looking sky that greeted me when I let the cats out this morning. Top temp of 12C/53F with more of the wet stuff.

FFRA72Kl.jpg

Otto99

Reaction score
We’re being knocked about by the arms of Hurricane Francine as she poops out and moves up the Mississippi. Calls for 3-4” of rain and possible wind gusts to ~30-40 mph/~50-65kph. 7 years ago today we were being bathed in Hurricane Irma’s dying tears.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Wow, lots of rain and other nasty weather elsewhere.

Here we're seeing partly sunny skies but with some smoke haze from the western fires in California and Oregon. High of 91° forecast with an overnight low of just 49° so more like a 40° swing tonight. By this time of year the sun really has an impact. Temps cool quickly after sundown.

Digger

Reaction score
Another winter-like day here today with some rain though nothing like yesterday! It pretty much rained all day yesterday, sometime it was really heavy! Today is expected to be 13C top.

I was at the sink shelling prawns yesterday afternoon when I noticed birds landing on the dam, a lot of birds! I didn't think much of it as there have been loads of birds there all the time recently, Ducks, Grebes, Swamp Hens etc, but then it dawned on me that these were Cormorants! Heaps of bloody Cormorants!

I moved quickly to get my shotgun out but that isn’t something you can do quickly here as the guns are locked up, and ammo also locked up in a separate storage area. It was pouring rain still so I slapped my hat and boots on and went out to find maybe another 50 birds wheeling around overhead. As I approached I reckon 50 more took off from the dam!

BIrds everywhere overhead so I snapped off a couple of shots but the narrow spread of the .410 didn’t allow me to hit any at distance whereas my old 12 gauge would have. Later back at the sink cleaning prawns there was one big black Cormorant down on the bank, so I repeated the exercise. My use of a flowering fruit tree as cover for my approach was thwarted because Ducks that were in my line of sight took off en masse and the Cormorant followed them.

These birds are native but exist in unnatural numbers! You used to be able to go to the council to get shotgun shells free to thin their numbers out but then the greenies...you know the story. Now where I live is close to the longest beach in Australia, we also have 4 major rivers in our area, and then there are the Gippsland Lakes, the biggest salt water lakes in Australia just a few kilometres away, and yet these mongrel things have to come here and strip my dam of fish.

I’ve seen flocks of about 300 flying overhead at times!

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Sounds like they need a culling mate, especially with all the feeding grounds they have in the vicinity.

It's a grey gloomy rainy day here with a top temp of 15C. I was going to chop up all the branches to fit in the green waste wheelie bin today, but they will have to wait for another day.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Pretty much the same here today but with a 50% chance of some rain. High around 87° with some light winds. It's 58° right now at 3:30 am.

Digger

Reaction score
Sounds like they need a culling mate, especially with all the feeding grounds they have in the vicinity.

It's a grey gloomy rainy day here with a top temp of 15C. I was going to chop up all the branches to fit in the green waste wheelie bin today, but they will have to wait for another day.
Chuckle....I thjink I need an anti aircraft gun, or killer drones, a flock of them! They’d be well and truly flocked then!

Latest posts