How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
22C here today and probably a bit cooler in Melbourne! Isn’t everything always cooler in Melboune?
The hot muggy weather pattern has broken & It's back to wet Lancashire weather :yesway:, It's chucking it down with yellow warnings out for heavy rain all day, We actually had cool air blowing in through the open bedroom window last night instead of the air drier stuff :applause: Top temp today of 15C & I couldn't be happier.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Looks like we're transitioning into our late summer/early fall weather patterns. Once the rain and cooler temps left were left with highs mostly in the 70s and low 80s now. High today was 75F sunny and dry.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Coming up to the fall season on this half of the globe, so temps have dropped about 20f in the last week. Might have to move to Oz for the winter!
Funny you should mention this. I moved here to Colorado to get away from Wisconsin winters. I have plans to visit friends and family there next month and October is my limit. After that the next window doesn't open until the following May. :D

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
High of 79F today under sunny skies. At the moment it's 64F w/60% RH but in the sun it feels at least 10 degrees warmer. Gonna be a nice day.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I like my winters here where the snow is mostly in the mountains and the temps are more moderate. Thirty plus years of Midwestern winters was enough for me.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I like my winters here where the snow is mostly in the mountains and the temps are more moderate. Thirty plus years of Midwestern winters was enough for me.
28 years of Southern / Florida winters is enough for me.

I have cotton band shirts old enough to legally drink in the U.S. that I only get to wear for maybe 6 weeks if I'm lucky. Most of the time - unless I'm traveling north and only pack a few - they don't get a repeat wear that year.

The last few February winter trips up north started with me in shorts and Coolmax and more often than not I didn't change until the overnight stop in Kentucky.

Digger

Reaction score
27C expected here today! It’s going to be a hellish summer methinks!

Might be dreaming of Duluth winters myself before long...Grin~

Transitioning into shorts today. I’ll look like a Lancastrian for a while until they brown up!!!

Raiyn

Reaction score
Might be dreaming of Duluth winters myself before long...Grin~
If nothing else, I'd be happy to help steer your outfitting for that endeavour.

Native Floridian SWMBO hadn't experienced single digit Fahrenheit temperatures much less -30°F and I got her through it with no issues. She's now at the point where she's comfortable enough for a two to three week visit in the depths of February. Not enough for her to want to live there, but enough so she knows how to handle most situations.

I still do all of the winter driving though.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
I still do all of the winter driving though.
Oh yeah. Biggest challenge for anyone from parts of the country where it never snows or gets cold enough for ice to form on roadways is how to learn to drive safely when there's snow or worse, black ice afoot.

The Southrons and Californikators come to Colorado, immediately buy a 4wd SUV, then believe they're bullet proof under any road conditions. :facepalm: Don't work like that, especially not when there's black ice.

Too many times I've been cautiously driving on the freeway at 40-45mph when there's black ice and sure enough an SUV goes zooming by at 70mph. Then a few miles up the road I may find it in the median strip or ditch half on it's side. I see a whole lot of that here.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
LOL Yeah not many suntanned legs here or anything else for that matter :D It's a proper miserable grey rainy day here, The light rain is set in for the entire day looking at the forecast. Top temp of 16C/61F.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Our cool autumn like weather continues. At just past 8:00 am it's just 58F w/68% RH. The high for the day will only hit 70F due to the NNW winds. It's partly cloudy this AM and we may see some rain later today or this evening. Kinda on the cool side for mid September.

Latest posts