How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
WoW! those temps over there are extreme, I don't know how you guys cope with the heat, I struggle when we have temps in the mid 70'sF.
Two things help Ian. We have very low humidity so the heat index isn't much higher than the actual air temp. The other is air conditioning in our homes and in our cars. The heat build up in a car parked in the sun is unbelievable. When I ran out to the store yesterday I had to don a pair of gloves because the steering wheel was too hot to hold onto with bare hands until the A/C cooled it off. I miss having covered parking.

It's 69° with 46% RH right now at 5:00 AM. Today will be a bit cooler with a high of 94° and we may see some late afternoon rain. Saturday and Sunday look to be about the same. It's a hot summer so far.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Grey skies & rain forecast from mid-morning onwards, Top temp of 17C.

aNF1Qs7l.png

Last edited:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Waking to another beautiful sunny morning. It's 6:30 AM and we're at 57° but headed for a high of 97° fully 40° hotter than we are now. The crazy thing is 30° to 40° differences between night and day temps aren't uncommon. They're typical. No rain forecast too cool us off either.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
It's already 90° at midday with a heat index of 96°. We're headed for a high of 101°. It's over 80° in here now. 🥵

Time to close out the outside and turn on the A/C. 🥶

Digger

Reaction score
Currently 1C as it gets light here in the south! Heading for 13C as a maximum which means that most of the day will be cold.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Capping off the afternoon at 101° w/6% RH. That's desert like stuff. And to top it off we now have a wildfire burning in the mountains behind the reservoir. Huge plume of smoke in the sky. It's consumed 250 acres so far and they're evacuating residents from the area.

Sorry Rob......we get our share as well. I was really hoping we'd avoid any this summer but when it's this hot and this dry this whole area is like a huge tinderbox. The fire has doubled in size since 3:00 PM and is about 10-12 miles from us as the crow flies but they'll be able to contain it long before it reaches us or Loveland proper.

Last edited:

Latest posts