How's Your Weather Today?

• Thread starter Digger
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Danmax

Reaction score
You must have been dreaming of Lancashire :rofl:We've got heavy rain coming in shortly :frown: but it's turned really mild & forecast for 13C today.
Above 32 degrees here in Waterford, Michigan. Just a dusting of snow during the day and looking at the calendar, it looks like we're 6 weeks away from warmer weather which is so cool with me...

qA6KXWsl.png

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Finally???? :thumb:

In Denver we got anudder day just da udder. :D (Sunny/high 40s).

LOL Yes very welcome it was, The only trouble is it doesn't last long here :frown: Back to the wet stuff again today though, We had heavy downpours through the night that's left lots of standing water and more rain to come today, there are weather warnings out in our neck o the woods for prolonged heavy downpours throughout the day.....Deep joy :frown: 6C is the best temps today.

I put a new bird feeder up a few days ago which houses one of those cylindrical fat/suet logs & not a single bird has been to investigate it or use it yet, The bird seed feeder next to it gets plenty of attention by Wrens, Blue tits, Finches, sparrows, & robins. :yesway:

There are some signs of Spring in the garden that cheered me up with a few snow drops & daffodils starting to sprout up :yesway:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Back in the deep freeze today. It's 5:30 AM and a brisk 30F at the moment and won't warm much throughout the day due to cloudy skies and a lack of sunshine. So wintry but not brutal.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I had considered installing a new electrical outlet on the exterior of the garage towards the front of the house, but I might not today. I could possibly be convinced to get a couple missing odds and ends for the project however.
Well, I had to have a rethink on this one. I had planned on going the shortest distance from an existing outlet, which would have been immediately to the right of the box - no problem. The night before, something bugged me about my plan, so I wrote myself a note to measure the distance from the existing exterior porch light back to the wall. The next day, things get measured and I discover I would have been installing an outlet in our breezeway.... I had thought I had more room on that exterior wall than what I truly did. Oh well, this is why you measure twice before you cut / drill.
I'm going to have to replot the whole scheme now for next weekend.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
It's Dark, Dank with heavy rain laden skies & we've got rain lots of it again :frown: Storm Christopher has landed in the northern UK & it's going to dump a heap of rain on already waterlogged ground for the next 48 hours :frown: Lots of weather warnings issued for flooding , rivers bursting. It's turned milder today though with temps in double figures, 10C forecast today.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
5:00 AM and a chill 26F and only due to reach the mid 30s for a daytime high. Humidity is high outdoor but inside still dry as desert dust storm.

Gonna warm up tomorrow so I can open some windows and get some cooler moisture in here and give the humidifiers a rest.

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Christopher Robin? Oh Pooh.
:cheers:
Stay dry friend.

LOL I got the name wrong it's Christoph not Christopher :facepalm: and boy as it left it's mark :frown: I was woken up twice through the night by the noise of falling rain, the sheer noise of it falling was deafening :frown: And to make matters worse we've now got a bulge in the ceiling of another bedroom from leaks in the roof, Damn house is falling to bits. :mad: The garage floor is an inch deep in water too & It's still raining now, over 20 hours constant rain albeit not as heavy as yesterday.
More weather warnings out today for flooding here & more rain forecast for the rest of the day, Mild though at 11C.

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
LOL I got the name wrong it's Christoph not Christopher :facepalm: and boy as it left it's mark :frown: I was woken up twice through the night by the noise of falling rain, the sheer noise of it falling was deafening :frown: And to make matters worse we've now got a bulge in the ceiling of another bedroom from leaks in the roof, Damn house is falling to bits. :mad: The garage floor is an inch deep in water too & It's still raining now, over 20 hours constant rain albeit not as heavy as yesterday.
More weather warnings out today for flooding here & more rain forecast for the rest of the day, Mild though at 11C.

I wasn't aware that England had it's own rain forest and you live smack dab in the middle of it. :ohno:

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Just above freezing @ 6:00 AM but we're headed for a high of 56F under sunny skies. Looks like a day where I can open up some widows and bring the outdoors in. :dude:

Lancpudn

Reaction score
Brrr! back to freezing weather conditions, Snow on the ground & best temps of 5C today. There's more rain & sleet to come today, feels much colder in this biting wind though. the rain turned to snow yesterday evening & caused more travel disruption on top of the flooding. Quite a few evacuations around the county with flooded homes & swollen rivers.
The only bit of good news is I've received the date to collect my new car, 29th January. :thumb:

_116605145_mediaitem116605143.jpg

_116608895_hi065302669.jpg

soulman969

Staff Member
Reaction score
Clouds rolled in so a bit cooler today with a high of 50F yet still quite warm for mid January. It's been an exceptionally mild winter so far.

Latest posts