Introducing Killer Frost

Raiyn

Reaction score
Seriously unreal job!
Wonderful looking guitar
Thank you!

I've mentioned this before, but when they "click", I get a strong impression of what I feel the guitar's personality is and I build to suit that vibe. It sounds nuts, but I'm two for two.

I love that guitar.... Beautiful, and the sound is awesome....
I let my guitar teacher have a go on her and he jammed for a good half hour just running through various blues and hard rock riffs and she sounded better and better as he went. He really likes her, and I've got to admit it was a treat watching and listening to him run her through her paces.

Last edited:

John

Reaction score
I really enjoy sitting and watching a good player. I can sit for hours and watch Blues players do there thing.
That's actually my genre of choice. Easy to play and learn.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I really enjoy sitting and watching a good player. I can sit for hours and watch Blues players do there thing.
That's actually my genre of choice. Easy to play and learn.
Easy to play and learn, but hard as hell to truly master.

Here's the picture that's engraved on the neck plate.
Killer_Frost_Earth_2_Danielle_Panabaker.jpg
I had a full color plate made that was supposed to be "durable"... except against fingernails apparently. :dunno: I got a replacement from the guy, but it sits in my trophy case in favor of the engraved version.
000_500c.jpg
Its hard to get the impression in a photo, it looks great in person on the chrome plate.
000_500a.jpg
000_500b.jpg

Raiyn

Reaction score
Hey great work!
Is she a comicbook character, or something original?
She is a DC comics character and the third to operate under the name Killer Frost.*

I based my design off of the Killer Frost character(s) from the CW's "The Flash" TV show.
http://arrow.wikia.com/wiki/Caitlin_Snow

*As I wrote that I realized that this is the third version of my Killer Frost guitar - which I though was kind of a cool parallel.

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
The illustration is pretty nice! I'm not familiar with modern superhero stuff by DC and Marvel.
Of course I know the classics and popular ones.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Frost-Shield-1-small.jpg
An early version of the shielding. I added this picture to show the rout. I later added tabs for pickguard contact and a section to the trem screws that wraps over the lip into the cavity. That's the section concealed under the nail polish in later pictures.
All body shields connect directly to ground.

Supersonic

Reaction score
I'm a little late to the party but nice job, you guys did good (and I don't normally care for Strats OR blue guitars). That one has a cool vibe (see what I did there?) and a lot of mojo going on.

Raiyn

Reaction score
:lol:
ywyjj.jpg

I know what you mean, before Killer Frost, a Strat wouldn't even register on my radar. When it comes to Fender's I tended to pay attention to Tele's and offsets because everyone and their mom had a Stratocaster.

I also get the color thing, I still don't like white guitars, someone would probably have to give me a Snow Falcon to cure me of that.
52af86-P_SnowFalcon8.jpg

:hmm:

Hint, hint.

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
Umm no, I really don't like white guitars to the point I wouldn't buy one for myself.
The Snow Falcon has it's own thing going on that I dig, but I wouldn't buy it for myself.

Last edited:

ChoKo

Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of Strats but, as a diehard DC comics fan, I think it's awesome. Definitely a fantastic idea that you brought to life wonderfully.

Raiyn

Reaction score
I'm not usually a fan of Strats but, as a diehard DC comics fan, I think it's awesome. Definitely a fantastic idea that you brought to life wonderfully.
Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad a comics aficionado can appreciate what I was going for!

As I'm sure I mentioned somewhere, I wasn't a Strat guy either! @Dave J hands me this blue partscaster and next thing I know, she's got a name and a concept gelling in my head.

Raiyn

Reaction score
Raiyn, that was some next level detail you put into this guitar.
Great job and a real beauty of a guitar. (I am also a Killer Frost fan :) )

Pat
Thank you, she was a lot of fun to build.

I have some new frosty white TUSQ saddles to put on her eventually. Also, in later Strat builds I developed a better, cleaner, method of doing the "quick connect" than the bullet connectors, which while functional, was always intended to evolve. One of these days, when I can clear the time, I'll sit down and do the refresh.

Latest posts