Jarod James Nichols loves his Epi

• Thread starter Davis Sharp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Keefoman

Reaction score
If it also came as a two pickup version, I would definitely consider one!

3tripnote

Reaction score
Very nice guitar.
I have a Trapeze conversion as I did not care for the Lightning wraparound. Intonation and tuning stability being the key factors.
The Seymour Duncan ™️ version P-90 sounds good, but ordered an Antiquity P-90 dogear to try out and compare.
G449EUS.jpg

3tripnote

Reaction score
I love mine just as she is.
I'm pretty sure my tech said it was a Duncan Antiquity P-90 already installed when did the setup, will have to check when I next change strings.
Your tech has mistakenly misinformed you as JJN has said that they all come with a Seymour Duncan ™️ U.S.A. P-90.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
Your tech has mistakenly misinformed you as JJN has said that they all come with a Seymour Duncan ™️ U.S.A. P-90.

Yeah I found that out early this morning - its the Seymour Duncan SP90-1B. The major difference being this has a Alnico V in it where as the Antiquity has a Alnico II magnet. I'm on the lookout for a new tech - too many little faults creeping into his work. I'm thinking of doing a magnet swap to either Alnico II or the more historically correct Alnico III.

Fullmoon 1971

Reaction score
I'm confused.

Don't get me wrong the sound is fantastic, changing the magnet to a Alnico III would lower the output slightly bringing it closer to original pre-57 P-90's. I have to have a little tinker with all my guitars - just to make them mine and to be honest there's nothing else I'd change. Lets face it though I've had the guitar for nearly 4 months now and not changed it yet, so it probably wont happen, it's just too good to take out of my gigging guitars even for just a magnet swap.

Zero

Reaction score
Very nice guitar.
I have a Trapeze conversion as I did not care for the Lightning wraparound. Intonation and tuning stability being the key factors.
The Seymour Duncan ™️ version P-90 sounds good, but ordered an Antiquity P-90 dogear to try out and compare.
G449EUS.jpg
Don’t mean to wake a dead thread, but curious what you thought between the Antiquity and the SD in the Old Glory?

Latest posts