JFETs and Solid State Amplification

• Thread starter Raiyn
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AJ6stringsting

Reaction score
AJ,

I ended up using the JRocket Blue Note after my tuner to give me some tube like gain on my guitar tone. The clean and the dirty benefit from it, There are lots of other options out there as well.

I love my setup today for gigging. My pedal board is dialed in just right and through the JC-120 it sounds like a beast. Honestly, better than I expected and I know Roland amps.

I would say part of the reason I love this combo is that I use humbuckers and solid state amps just work with humbuckers and pedal boards better.

Between the Blue Note, the Keeley Compressor, the KFK EQ and my Andy Timmon’s Plus overdrive I can achieve anything from Classic Rock to full out Metal.

I love the versatility of the rig and the portability. Just a pedal board and an amp and two cable and guitars and I’m good :)

I am digging the setup you are putting together too. Keep me posted, I am interested in what you are doing.

Pat

Heck, I think I'm going to experiment with what you are doing .... I'm like Willey E. Coyote, when it comes to tone .

Space1999

Reaction score
Moonbase Alpha: drifting in space on the moon
Heck, I think I'm going to experiment with what you are doing .... I'm like Willey E. Coyote, when it comes to tone .
Well I can save you some leg work. I bought over 30 pedals over about 6 years to find the winning combo for my tone.

The other pedal company I really have to hand it to is Walrus Audio. Their Julia and Polychrome pedals are just liquid tone.

Happy hunting! :)

Pat

Latest posts