Just Ordered a DG-335

• Thread starter spupilup
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Norton

Reaction score
you can goop it on. but the fretboard is sealed from the factory and the shit they seal it with is not going to come off unless you scrape it.

it's weird stuff. and well documented

If you do scrape it.... anything you do put on it will be 100% more effective.

Darkness

Reaction score
but the fretboard is sealed from the factory and the shit they seal it with is not going to come off unless you scrape it.
Do you know if that is on all wood types? Is that why some fretboard get the white crusty stuff that looks like my ankles in Winter?

In that case is there no point oiling a board?

BlueSquirrel

Reaction score
I've used the Montypresso wax but I've never left it on for a whole week.

Before applying the Montypresso wax, I've cleaned the guitar's fretboard with lighter fluid.

On some guitars, I started getting results after a few hours.

I suggest you put it on and check the result often so it doesn't overdarkened the wood.

Norton

Reaction score
all of the darker epiphone fretboards are sealed. ( tons of videos on YouTube).

There are better ways to darken wood. ebonizing solution is the most effective, nartural looking and permanent.

you can make your own or buy it from amazon etc. it simply darkens the wood's natural tannins. no dyes etc. works every time.

Charles Carter

Reaction score
There are better ways to darken wood. ebonizing solution is the most effective, nartural looking and permanent.

you can make your own or buy it from amazon etc. it simply darkens the wood's natural tannins. no dyes etc. works every time.
I've never heard of this, thanks Norton!

Latest posts