LP SL ...WTF ?

• Thread starter BGood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DPaulCustom

Reaction score
I've seen people do a lot of stupid things with guitars, but this makes the top 5.
If he didn't like it, donating it to a needy kid would have made a much better video.

John

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. How stupid is that....

PeterOeh

Reaction score
I've seen people do a lot of stupid things with guitars, but this makes the top 5.
If he didn't like it, donating it to a needy kid would have made a much better video.
its really stupid and obnoxious behavior. just because you dont need or like your cheep guitar no more, its not a reason to be a total retard and destroy it, post it, and be proud of it.. da fuk.. :facepalm:

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
So I get that the initial goal was to drop-test a guitar case with a real and inexpensive guitar in it. The tests were extreme and one would expect the neck damage that happened.

But I don't get the aftermath of throwing the naked guitar off a bridge. It must be one of those let's-smash-something, testosterone-and-alcohol fueled ideas.

Don_Swazy

Reaction score
That hurts, especially since I have a new one that I love so much.

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
^ my thoughts as well. there are a ton of kiddos that
would LOVE to have any kind of guitar. hate to see
a waste like that.

I think he had a thing going on, that ppl would donate money for that cause if this guitar is destroyed. I agree it's stupid. He is gluing it back now...

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
:dunno: Despite feeling sorry for the guitar itself for being what it is, I think it is a shame to destroy it, maybe upgrade it to something useful (which he did if I remember correctly).

I don't know mate I just don't like things to be destroyed like that. I don't hate the guy or anything, I watch his stuff here and there.

He could raise that money differently if he wanted to, without sacrificing it....
Hopefully he will be able to salvage it and give it a new life.

Raiyn

Reaction score
:dunno: Despite feeling sorry for the guitar itself for being what it is, I think it is a shame to destroy it, maybe upgrade it to something useful (which he did if I remember correctly).

I don't know mate I just don't like things to be destroyed like that. I don't hate the guy or anything, I watch his stuff here and there.

He could raise that money differently if he wanted to, without sacrificing it....
Hopefully he will be able to salvage it and give it a new life.
It was never a good instrument, and there was no upgrade that would have made it one for him. In good consciousness there was no way he was going to foist it upon some unsuspecting child - potentially turning them off the instrument because of how unpleasant this one was to play.

I think it died for a worthy cause.

BGood

Reaction score
So all these positive reviews of the SL we see are just bullcaca ?

Raiyn

Reaction score
So all these positive reviews of the SL we see are just bullcaca ?

Overreact much?

He said his was bad, and that it wasn't a good instrument.
Did you even watch the video I posted? Didn't think so.

His money, his guitar, not your problem.

Edit: When was the last time you saw a negative review from a guitar magazine? Oh yeah, never.

Davis Sharp

Reaction score
I think it died for a worthy cause.

Someone posted a link recently wherein the YouTube host shot a guitar to death. I guess the difference between that and throwing one off a bridge is that the latter guitar was used (at some point) to test a guitar case. I just hope that my guitars pass peacefully in their sleep, after very long lives.

Latest posts