LP SL ...WTF ?

• Thread starter BGood
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BGood

Reaction score
Not a great guitar and not fun to play (for him), are very subjective comments. Don't try to tell me, a kid would have scraped his chances at liking guitar, because it was not great or fun to play for THAT guy.

Pointless anyways. :io:

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
Any guitar can be a good enough one, that is if it's functional and is made out of durable materials.

If it's faulty or just the piece of wood isn't good for that purpose, I get it, otherwise I just think there are better ways to go about, than destroy something.
With that being said, I would never gift a guitar like that to a novice or starting player, maybe to a modder.

Last edited:

Raiyn

Reaction score
With that being said, I would never gift a guitar like that to a novice or starting player, maybe to a modder.
Exactly.

The fact that it was used to test a gig bag and destroyed for a music charity is all well and good, but ultimately the bottom line is that it was his to do with as he saw fit and no amount of forum raging can change that.

Shadow Explorer

Reaction score
To me this is a model that should have never seen the light of day, the only puprose is to achieve a pricepoint...
It's a waste of wood to my eyes.

But in general I don't think it's cool to destroy stuff, like the dumbass who shot the guitar...
Of course he can do it, but I don't have to applaud it or like it.

PeterOeh

Reaction score
Exactly.

The fact that it was used to test a gig bag and destroyed for a music charity is all well and good, but ultimately the bottom line is that it was his to do with as he saw fit and no amount of forum raging can change that.

i agree. in this case there was some kind of a purpose to the destruction.
unlike this fucking idiot.. look at the end how the frets cut into his hand, im pretty sure it wasnt a legit gibson.
even if its a fake / chibson a hardware upgrade and new pups can make it some what playable.
and even he dont like it, im sure there is a (less fortunate) kid out there who would be glad to have it.
anyway its just fucking retarded smashing it up just because you can..

LSAR

Reaction score
To me this is a model that should have never seen the light of day, the only puprose is to achieve a pricepoint...
It's a waste of wood to my eyes.
20180409_111630.jpg

I respectfully disagree, posted with mine in hand. Built to a price? Yes. Waste of wood? No.

I find mine extremely comfortable to play, nice and light weight, the knobs and switch are in a position that feels natural for me to adjust and play with while playing, once set up it plays excellent (admittedly garbage out of the box). Resonates acoustically much like my Gibson SGJ once did. The only thing I would change are the tuners (I expect this on the super-cheap Epi's and bought it with that in mind) and the bridge pickup, because I'd like a little more output. The neck pickup sounds great, and though they're standard cheap components for electronics they were wired nice and cleanly. The fret ends also need some work, as they were admittedly done like absolute crap but that's really nothing major.

I think they're a great value for the money for any established player or any newbie with someone in their life who can look it over appropriately. To be fair I would not recommend one to a newbie on their own.

With regards to the topic of the thread, a guitar shouldn't be destroyed if it doesn't need to be, but it was his to destroy and the end result was a positive one, so I'm not bothered.

Latest posts